Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
Last Posted: Apr 29, 2022
- "I have always lived with the disease in the family": family adaptation to hereditary cancer-risk.
Silva Eliana et al. BMC primary care 2022 23(1) 93
- Hereditary evaluation and genetic counselling in young individuals with colorectal cancer in a population-based cohort.
Lundqvist Erik et al. Surgical oncology 2022 41101741
- Thyroid Nodules in Children with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis.
Smith Jessica R et al. The American journal of gastroenterology 2022
- Congenital Hypertrophy of the Retinal Pigment Epithelium (CHRPE) as a Screening Marker for Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP): Systematic Literature Review and Screening Recommendations.
Bonnet Louis Antoine et al. Clinical ophthalmology (Auckland, N.Z.) 2022 16765-774
- Pancreatic Cancer with Mutation in BRCA1/2, MLH1, and APC Genes: Phenotype Correlation and Detection of a Novel Germline BRCA2 Mutation.
Vietri Maria Teresa et al. Genes 2022 13(2)
- Chemoprevention Considerations in Patients with Hereditary Colorectal Cancer Syndromes.
Macaron Carole et al. Gastrointestinal endoscopy clinics of North America 2021 32(1) 131-146
- Prevalence of pouchitis in both Ulcerative Colitis and Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Sriranganathan Danujan et al. Colorectal disease : the official journal of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland 2021
- Incidental Finding of Attenuated Familial Adenomatous Polyposis.
Bhesania Siddharth et al. Cureus 2021 13(9) e18237
- Characterizing Pediatric Familial Adenomatous Polyposis in Patients Undergoing Colectomy in the United States.
Flahive Colleen B et al. The Journal of pediatrics 2021
- Endoscopic Management of Ampullary Adenomas in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis Syndrome: A Systematic Review with Pooled Analysis.
Ramai Daryl et al. Digestive diseases and sciences 2021
- Updates in chemoprevention research for hereditary gastrointestinal and polyposis syndromes.
Hall Michael J et al. Current treatment options in gastroenterology 2021 19(1) 30-46
- Japanese Society for Cancer of the Colon and Rectum (JSCCR) guidelines 2020 for the Clinical Practice of Hereditary Colorectal Cancer.
Tomita Naohiro et al. International journal of clinical oncology 2021
- Genetic testing for inherited colorectal cancer and polyposis, 2021 revision: a technical standard of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG).
Mao Rong et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2021
- Screening for Colorectal Cancer: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.
et al. JAMA 2021 325(19) 1965-1977
- Endoscopic papillectomy in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis: Does one size fit all?
Singh Achintya D et al. Gastrointestinal endoscopy 2021 93(5) 1202
- Malignancy risk in individuals with familial adenomatous polyposis receiving biologics and immunomodulators.
Faisal Muhammad Salman et al. Familial cancer 2021
- Low-dose aspirin and mesalazine for patients with familial adenomatous polyposis.
Lynch Patrick M et al. The lancet. Gastroenterology & hepatology 2021
- Hearing Status of Children and Adolescents With Familial Adenomatous Polyposis.
Findlen Ursula M et al. Anticancer research 2021 41(3) 1439-1444
- Prevalence and endoscopic treatment outcomes of upper gastrointestinal neoplasms in familial adenomatous polyposis.
Noh Jin Hee et al. Surgical endoscopy 2021
- A review of inherited cancer susceptibility syndromes.
Brown Gina R et al. JAAPA : official journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants 2020 Dec 33(12) 10-16
- Spectrum of mutations in genes associated with familial colorectal cancer syndrome (MLH1, MSH2, PMS2, MSH6, and APC): A not so common hereditary cancer syndrome in Indian population.
Bhai Pratibha et al. Indian journal of gastroenterology : official journal of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology 2020 Nov
- Polyp Progression in Paediatric Patients With Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: A Single-centre Experience.
Anele Chukwuemeka C et al. Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition 2020 Nov 71(5) 612-616
- Genetic testing in families with hereditary colorectal cancer in British Columbia and Yukon: a retrospective cross-sectional analysis.
Beard Vivienne K et al. CMAJ open 8(4) E637-E642
- Familial non-medullary thyroid carcinoma: clinico-pathological features, current knowledge and novelty regarding genetic risk factors.
Cirello Valentina et al. Minerva endocrinologica 2020 Oct
- Optimizing the timing of colorectal surgery in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis in clinical practice.
Vasen Hans F A et al. Scandinavian journal of gastroenterology 2019 Jun 54(6) 733-739
- Presentation and Follow-up of Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: Differences Between APC and MUTYH Mutations.
Bademci Refik et al. Cirugia espanola 2020 Jun
- Management of ampullary adenomas in familial adenomatous polyposis syndrome: 16 years of experience from a tertiary cancer center.
Angsuwatcharakan Phonthep et al. Gastrointestinal endoscopy 2020 Mar
- Clinical characterization and mutation spectrum in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis in China.
Li Na et al. Journal of gastroenterology and hepatology 2019 Sep 34(9) 1497-1503
- Short-term and long-term outcomes after preventive surgery in adolescent patients with familial adenomatous polyposis.
Vitellaro Marco et al. Pediatric blood & cancer 2019 Dec e28110
- Incorporating Colorectal Cancer Genetic Risk Assessment into Gastroenterology Practice.
Stern Benjamin et al. Current treatment options in gastroenterology 2019 Nov
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.