Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy
Last Posted: Jun 03, 2021
- The socioeconomic burden of facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy.
Blokhuis Anna M et al. Journal of neurology 2021
- Case Studies on the Genetic and Clinical Diagnosis of Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy.
Hamel Johanna et al. Neurologic clinics 2020 38(3) 529-540
- The Genetics and Epigenetics of Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy.
Himeda Charis L et al. Annual review of genomics and human genetics 2019 20265-291
- Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy—a Tale of Heterogeneity and the Power of Clinical Assessments
K Nguyen, JAMA Network Open, May 1, 2020
- [Analysis of D4Z4 mutation in a child with facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy presented initially as mental retardation].
Tian Yang, et al. Zhonghua yi xue yi chuan xue za zhi = Zhonghua yixue yichuanxue zazhi = Chinese journal of medical genetics 2020 2 (2) 150-152
- Living with Muscular Dystrophy
- The French National Registry of patients with Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy.
Guien Céline et al. Orphanet journal of rare diseases 2018 13(1) 218
- Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD) molecular diagnosis: from traditional technology to the NGS era.
Zampatti Stefania et al. Neurogenetics 2019 Mar
- Phenotype-genotype relations in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy type 1.
Mul Karlien, et al. Clinical genetics 2018 9
- Evidence-based guideline summary: Evaluation, diagnosis, and management of facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy: Report of the Guideline Development, Dissemination, and Implementation Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the Practice Issues Review Panel of the American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
Tawil Rabi et al. Neurology 2015 Jul 28. 85(4) 357-64
- New Insights into Genotype-phenotype Correlations in Chinese Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy: A Retrospective Analysis of 178 Patients.
Lin Feng, et al. Chinese medical journal 2015 7 (13) 1707-13
- Clinical and genetic features of hearing loss in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy.
Lutz Katie L, et al. Neurology 2013 10 (16) 1374-7
- Large scale genotype-phenotype analyses indicate that novel prognostic tools are required for families with facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy.
Ricci Giulia, et al. Brain : a journal of neurology 2013 11 (Pt 11) 3408-17
- Large-scale population analysis challenges the current criteria for the molecular diagnosis of fascioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy.
Scionti Isabella, et al. American journal of human genetics 2012 4 (4) 628-35
- Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy
From NCATS Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
- [Characteristics of gene structure in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy-related 4q35 subtelomere and genotype-phenotype correlation in Chinese Han population].
Wang ZQ, et al. Zhonghua yi xue za zhi 2009 2 (5) 5
- LGMD2A: genotype-phenotype correlations based on a large mutational survey on the calpain 3 gene.
Sáenz A, et al. Brain : a journal of neurology 2005 4 (Pt 4) 732-42
- Polymorphism of the D4Z4 locus associated with facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy 1A in Shanghai population.
Zhang Yu-zhou, et al. Zhonghua yi xue yi chuan xue za zhi = Zhonghua yixue yichuanxue zazhi = Chinese journal of medical genetics 2005 8 (4) 380-2
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.