Last Posted: Dec 13, 2018
- 2019 Digital Toolkit: NATIONAL BIRTH DEFECTS PREVENTION MONTH
- Vaccines: Life savers against infectious diseases
Wellcome Trust Sanger Blog, August 2, 2019
- Polymorphism of IL-10 gene promoter region: association with T cell proliferative responses after acellular pertussis vaccination in adults.
Gröndahl-Yli-Hannuksela Kirsi, et al. Immunogenetics 2016 10 (9) 733-41
- Lack of association between mannose binding lectin and antibody responses after acellular pertussis vaccinations.
Gröndahl-Yli-Hannuksela Kirsi, et al. PloS one 2014 0 (2) e88919
- Genetic variants within the MHC region are associated with immune responsiveness to childhood vaccinations.
Yucesoy Berran, et al. Vaccine 2013 11 (46) 5381-91
- Gene polymorphism in toll-like receptor 4: effect on antibody production and persistence after acellular pertussis vaccination during adolescence.
Gröndahl-Yli-Hannuksela Kirsi, et al. The Journal of infectious diseases 2012 4 (8) 1214-9
From NCATS Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
- Influence of cytokine gene variations on immunization to childhood vaccines.
Yucesoy Berran, et al. Vaccine 2009 11 (50) 6991-7
- Parental smoking impairs vaccine responses in children with atopic genotypes.
Baynam Gareth, et al. The Journal of allergy and clinical immunology 2007 2 (2) 366-74
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.