Diffuse Gastric Cancer
Last Posted: Oct 28, 2021
- Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer (HDGC). An overview.
Taja-Chayeb L et al. Clinics and research in hepatology and gastroenterology 2021 101820
- Expanding Germline Testing to All Patients With Esophagogastric Cancers—Easy to Do, Harder to Justify
JAMA Network Open, July 12, 2021
- Frequency of CDH1 Germline Mutations in Non-Gastric Cancers.
Massari Giulia et al. Cancers 2021 13(10)
- Barriers and facilitators to CDH1 carriers contemplating or undergoing prophylactic total gastrectomy.
McGarragle Kaitlin M et al. Familial cancer 2020 Aug
- Hereditary diffuse gastric cancer: updated clinical practice guidelines.
Blair Vanessa R et al. The Lancet. Oncology 2020 Aug 21(8) e386-e397
- Hereditary Gastric and Breast Cancer Syndromes Related to CDH1 Germline Mutation: A Multidisciplinary Clinical Review.
Corso Giovanni et al. Cancers 2020 Jun 12(6)
- [Hereditary gastric cancer: Challenges for the pathologist in 2020].
Renaud Florence et al. Annales de pathologie 2020 Mar
- CDH1 on multigene panel testing: Look before you leap.
Katona Bryson W et al. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2019 Dec
- Hereditary Cancer Syndromes and Risk Assessment: ACOG COMMITTEE OPINION SUMMARY, Number 793.
et al. Obstetrics and gynecology 2019 Dec 134(6) 1366-1367
- Total Gastrectomy for CDH-1 Mutation Carriers: An Institutional Experience.
DiBrito Sandra R et al. The Journal of surgical research 2019 Nov
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.