Last Posted: Oct 08, 2021
- Blood Demand and Challenges for Patients With Beta-Thalassemia Major in Eastern Saudi Arabia.
Albagshi Muneer H et al. Cureus 2021 13(8) e17470
- Effectiveness of Using Mean Corpuscular Volume and Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin for Beta-thalassemia Carrier Screening in the Guangdong Population of China.
Gu Heng et al. Biomedical and environmental sciences : BES 2021 34(8) 667-671
- A More Universal Approach to Comprehensive Analysis of ThalaSsemia Alleles (CATSA).
Liang Qiaowei et al. The Journal of molecular diagnostics : JMD 2021
- Frequencies of Beta Thalassemia Mutations Show Different Pattern in Bannu Region than Other Parts of Pashtun Population in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province Pakistan.
Rehman Shoaib U et al. Indian journal of hematology & blood transfusion : an official journal of Indian Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion 2021 37(3) 479-483
- Genetic landscape of recessive diseases in the Vietnamese population from large-scale clinical exome sequencing.
Tran Ngoc Hieu et al. Human mutation 2021
- Cascade screening for beta-thalassemia in Pakistan: development, feasibility and acceptability of a decision support intervention for relatives.
Ahmed Shenaz et al. European journal of human genetics : EJHG 2021
- Clinical validity and utility of preconception expanded carrier screening for the management of reproductive genetic risk in IVF and general population.
Capalbo A et al. Human reproduction (Oxford, England) 2021
- Selecting β-thalassemia Patients for Gene Therapy: A Decision-making Algorithm.
Baronciani Donatella et al. HemaSphere 2021 5(5) e555
- Hemoglobin Disorders Among Anemic Patients: a Cross-Sectional Study from Jeddah City, Western Saudi Arabia.
Alzahrani Majed et al. Clinical laboratory 2020 Dec 66(12)
- A literature review on the parvovirus B19 infection in sickle cell anemia and β-thalassemia patients.
Soltani Saber et al. Tropical medicine and health 2020 Dec 48(1) 96
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
- NIH Information (4)
- COVID-19 (9)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (174)
- GWAS Studies (5)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (31)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (1)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (2)
- Reviews/Commentaries (16)
- Tools/Methods (1)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (2)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.