Balkan Endemic Nephropathy
Last Posted: Mar 01, 2023
- The role of HLA in Balkan endemic nephropathy.
Dittrich Damir, et al. Gene 2020 0 145179
- Association of SOD2 (rs4880) and GPX1 (rs1050450) Gene Polymorphisms with Risk of Balkan Endemic Nephropathy and its Related Tumors.
Dragicevic Biljana, et al. Medicina (Kaunas, Lithuania) 2019 8 (8)
- Common Polymorphisms in GSTA1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 Are Associated with Susceptibility to Urinary Bladder Cancer in Individuals from Balkan Endemic Nephropathy Areas of Serbia.
Matic Marija, et al. The Tohoku journal of experimental medicine 2016 0 (1) 25-30
- Is increased susceptibility to Balkan endemic nephropathy in carriers of common GSTA1 (*A/*B) polymorphism linked with the catalytic role of GSTA1 in ochratoxin a biotransformation? Serbian case control study and in silico analysis.
Reljic Zorica, et al. Toxins 2014 8 (8) 2348-62
- NGS nominated CELA1, HSPG2, and KCNK5 as candidate genes for predisposition to Balkan endemic nephropathy.
Toncheva D, et al. BioMed research international 2014 0 920723
- Association of a bitter taste receptor mutation with Balkan Endemic Nephropathy (BEN).
Wooding Stephen P, et al. BMC medical genetics 2012 0 (1) 96
- Balkan endemic nephropathy
From NCATS Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
- Germline p53 single-base changes associated with Balkan endemic nephropathy.
Krasteva Maria Emileva, et al. Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2006 4 (2) 562-7
- Balkan endemic nephropathy and genetic variants of glutathione S-transferases.
Andonova Irena E, et al. Journal of nephrology 0 0 (3) 390-8
- Genetic polymorphisms of cytochrome P450 among patients with Balkan endemic nephropathy (BEN).
Atanasova Srebrena Y, et al. Clinical biochemistry 2005 3 (3) 223-8
About Rare Diseases PHGKB
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Feb 1, 2023
- Page last updated:Jun 09, 2023
- Content source: