Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome
Last Posted: Aug 16, 2019
- Molecular diagnostics of disorders of sexual development: an Indian survey and systems biology perspective.
Nagaraja M R et al. Systems biology in reproductive medicine 2019 Apr 65(2) 105-120
- Clinical, cytogenetic and molecular analysis of androgen insensitivity syndromes from south Indian cohort and detection and In- silico characterization of androgen receptor gene mutations.
Abilash V G, et al. Clinica chimica acta; international journal of clinical chemistry 2015 12
- Investigation of androgen receptor gene mutations in a series of 21 patients with 46,XY disorders of sex development.
Topcu Vehap, et al. Journal of pediatric endocrinology & metabolism : JPEM 2015 7
- Polycystic ovary syndrome woman with heterozygous androgen receptor gene mutation who gave birth to a child with androgen insensitivity syndrome.
Nam Hyoun, et al. Obstetrics & gynecology science 2015 3 (2) 179-82
- Screening for mutations for 17 ß-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and androgen receptor in an adult female 46, XY DSD clinic.
Phelan Niamh, et al. European journal of endocrinology / European Federation of Endocrine Societies 2015 3
- Low frequency of androgen receptor gene mutations in 46 XY DSD, and fetal growth restriction.
Lek Ngee, et al. Archives of disease in childhood 2014 4 (4) 358-61
- AR and SRD5A2 gene mutations in a series of 51 Turkish 46,XY DSD children with a clinical diagnosis of androgen insensitivity.
Akcay T, et al. Andrology 2014 7 (4) 572-8
- Minor hypospadias: the "tip of the iceberg" of the partial androgen insensitivity syndrome.
Kalfa Nicolas, et al. PloS one 2013 0 (4) e61824
- Association of polymorphisms in genes encoding hormone receptors ESR1, ESR2 and LHCGR with the risk and clinical features of testicular germ cell cancer.
Brokken Leon J S, et al. Molecular and cellular endocrinology 2012 4 (2) 279-85
- Association between male infertility and androgen receptor mutations in Brazilian patients.
Melo C O A, et al. Genetics and molecular research : GMR 2010 0 (1) 128-33
- Novel (60%) and recurrent (40%) androgen receptor gene mutations in a series of 59 patients with a 46,XY disorder of sex development.
Audi L, et al. The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism 2010 4 (4) 1876-88
- [The androgen receptor gene polymorphism and clinical picture of androgen deficiency syndrome during aging male of men's population in Wroclaw].
Trzmiel-Bira Anna, et al. Endokrynologia Polska 0 0 (5) 370-8
- Aging males' symptoms in relation to the genetically determined androgen receptor CAG polymorphism, sex hormone levels and sample membership.
Schneider Gudrun, et al. Psychoneuroendocrinology 2010 5 (4) 578-87
- Correlation between genotype, phenotype and sex of rearing in 111 patients with partial androgen insensitivity syndrome.
Deeb A, et al. Clinical endocrinology 2005 7 (1) 56-62
- Increased frequency of long androgen receptor CAG repeats in male breast cancers.
MacLean Helen E, et al. Breast cancer research and treatment 2004 12 (3) 239-46
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.