Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Last Posted: Mar 11, 2021
- Shared genetic links between amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and obesity-related traits: a genome-wide association study.
Li Chunyu et al. Neurobiology of aging 2021
- Value of systematic genetic screening of patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Shepheard Stephanie R et al. Journal of neurology, neurosurgery, and psychiatry 2021 Feb
- Genome-wide genetic links between amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and autoimmune diseases.
Li Chun Yu et al. BMC medicine 2021 Feb 19(1) 27
- Genetics of frontotemporal dementia in China.
Jiang Yaling et al. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis & frontotemporal degeneration 2021 Feb 1-15
- A combined clinical and computational approach to understand the SOD1 A4T -mediated pathogenesis of rapidly progressive familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Diker Sevda et al. Acta neurologica Belgica 2021 Jan
- Who and Why? Requests for Presymptomatic Genetic Testing for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis/Frontotemporal Dementia vs Huntington Disease.
Amador Maria Del Mar et al. Neurology. Genetics 2021 Feb 7(1) e538
- Joint and interactive effects between health comorbidities and environmental exposures in predicting amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Bellavia Andrea et al. International journal of hygiene and environmental health 2020 Oct 231113655
- Genome-wide Meta-analysis Finds the ACSL5-ZDHHC6 Locus Is Associated with ALS and Links Weight Loss to the Disease Genetics.
Iacoangeli Alfredo et al. Cell reports 2020 Oct 33(4) 108323
- Study on sleep-wake disorders in patients with genetic and non-genetic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Sun Xiaohan et al. Journal of neurology, neurosurgery, and psychiatry 2020 Oct
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Other Motor Neuron Diseases.
Quinn Colin et al. Continuum (Minneapolis, Minn.) 2020 Oct 26(5) 1323-1347
- ALS Genetics: Gains, Losses, and Implications for Future Therapies.
Kim Garam et al. Neuron 2020 Sep
- Clinical and Molecular Landscape of ALS Patients with SOD1 Mutations: Novel Pathogenic Variants and Novel Phenotypes. A Single ALS Center Study.
Bernard Emilien et al. International journal of molecular sciences 2020 Sep 21(18)
- The complex relationship between genotype, pathology and phenotype in familial dementia.
Kwok John B et al. Neurobiology of disease 2020 Sep 105082
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in the Faroe Islands - a genealogical study.
Johansen Malan et al. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis & frontotemporal degeneration 2020 Sep 1-5
- Opening the door to gene therapy for ALS
H Stower, Nature Medicine, August 7, 2020
- Genetic Testing for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Frontotemporal Dementia: Impact on Clinical Management.
Roggenbuck Jennifer et al. Clinics in laboratory medicine 2020 Sep 40(3) 271-287
- ALS Research Notification for Clinical Trials and Studies
CDC/ATSDR, July 2020
- Evaluation of Vertical Ground Reaction Forces Pattern Visualization in Neurodegenerative Diseases Identification Using Deep Learning and Recurrence Plot Image Feature Extraction.
Lin Che-Wei et al. Sensors (Basel, Switzerland) 2020 Jul 20(14)
- SOD1 Suppression with Adeno-Associated Virus and MicroRNA in Familial ALS.
Mueller Christian et al. The New England journal of medicine 2020 Jul (2) 151-158
- Phase 1-2 Trial of Antisense Oligonucleotide Tofersen for SOD1 ALS.
Miller Timothy et al. The New England journal of medicine 2020 Jul (2) 109-119
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
- CDC Information (14)
- NIH Information (14)
- COVID-19 (8)
- CDC Publications (3)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (654)
- GWAS Studies (26)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (53)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (4)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (7)
- Reviews/Commentaries (56)
- Tools/Methods (1)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.