Last Posted: Sep 27, 2019
- [Present condition and problem of presymptomatic genetic testing].
Kukinaka Chieko et al. Rinsho shinkeigaku = Clinical neurology 2013 53(11) 1003-5
- Twenty Years of a Pre-Symptomatic Testing Protocol for Late-Onset Neurological Diseases in Portugal.
Paneque Milena et al. Acta medica portuguesa 2019 Apr 32(4) 295-304
- Treatment of hereditary and acquired forms of transthyretin amyloidosis in the era of personalized medicine: the role of randomized controlled trials.
Buxbaum Joel N et al. Amyloid : the international journal of experimental and clinical investigation : the official journal of the International Society of Amyloidosis 2019 Mar 1-11
- Early diagnosis of ATTR amyloidosis through targeted follow-up of identified carriers of TTR gene mutations.
Conceição Isabel et al. Amyloid : the international journal of experimental and clinical investigation : the official journal of the International Society of Amyloidosis 2019 Feb 1-7
- Atrial Fibrillation and Central Nervous Complications in Liver Transplanted Hereditary Transthyretin Amyloidosis Patients.
Wange Niklas et al. Transplantation 2018 102(2) e59-e66
- Clinical outcomes after preimplantation genetic diagnosis of patients with Corino de Andrade disease (familial amyloid polyneuropathy).
Lopes Rita et al. Reproductive biomedicine online 2018 Jan 36(1) 39-46
- Screening for Fabry disease and hereditary ATTR amyloidosis in idiopathic small fiber and mixed neuropathy.
Samuelsson Kristin et al. Muscle & nerve 2018 Sep
- Gene-silencing technology gets first drug approval after 20-year wait.
Ledford Heidi, et al. Nature 2018 0 0. (7718) 291-292
- CLINGEN Actionability Report for Hereditary transthyretin-related amyloidosis - TTR
ClinGen Actionability Working Group
- Family dynamics in transthyretin-related familial amyloid polyneuropathy Val30Met: does genetic risk affect family functioning?
Lopes Alice et al. Clinical genetics 2018 Jul
- Genetic Analysis of Hereditary Transthyretin Ala97Ser Related Amyloidosis.
Hsu Hui-Ching et al. Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE 2018 Jun (136)
- Importance of Genetic Testing in the Diagnosis of Transthyretin Cardiac Amyloidosis.
Golbus Jessica R et al. The American journal of medicine 2018 Mar
- Single-centre experience on transthyretin familial amyloid polyneuropathy: case series and literature review.
Martens Broes et al. Acta neurologica Belgica 2018 Mar
- Subjects at Risk for Genetic Late-Onset Neurological Diseases: Objective Knowledge.
Leite Ângela et al. Public health genomics 2017 Aug
- Management of asymptomatic gene carriers of transthyretin familial amyloid polyneuropathy.
Schmidt Hartmut H-J et al. Muscle & nerve 2016 Sep 54(3) 353-60
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.