Last Posted: Nov 20, 2019
- [Genetic Analysis, Prenatal Diagnosis and Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis of Taiwanese Deletion β-Thalassemia].
DU Li et al. Zhongguo shi yan xue ye xue za zhi 2019 Oct 27(5) 1585-1591
- [Genetic Screening of Thalassemia among the Couples of Childbearing Age in Ding'an County of Hainan Province and Its Analysis].
Tu Zhi-Hua et al. Zhongguo shi yan xue ye xue za zhi 2019 Oct 27(5) 1592-1595
- Prevalence and Genetic Analysis of α - and β -Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Anemia in Southwest Iran.
Nezhad Forozan H et al. Journal of epidemiology and global health 2018 8(3-4) 189-195
- [Analysis of Genetic Screening in Couples of Reproductive Age for Thalassemia in Lingshui Li Autonomous County of Hainan Province].
Tu Zhi-Hua et al. Zhongguo shi yan xue ye xue za zhi 2019 Aug 27(4) 1227-1231
- [Genotyping of Patients with α and β Thalassemia in Fujian Province Area in China].
Lin Yu-Hong et al. Zhongguo shi yan xue ye xue za zhi 2019 Jun 27(3) 899-903
- Sickle cell screening in Uganda: High burden, human immunodeficiency virus comorbidity, and genetic modifiers.
Kiyaga Charles et al. Pediatric blood & cancer 2019 May e27807
- [Variant analysis for patients from Fujian area with Hong Kong αα type thalassemia].
Zhang Min et al. Zhonghua yi xue yi chuan xue za zhi = Zhonghua yixue yichuanxue zazhi = Chinese journal of medical genetics 2019 Apr 36(4) 297-300
- Evaluation of an immunochromatographic test for alpha thalassaemia screening in a multi-ethnic population.
Nelson Anna Clare et al. International journal of laboratory hematology 2019 Mar
- Next-generation sequencing improves molecular epidemiological characterization of thalassemia in Chenzhou Region, P.R. China.
Zhang Haoqing et al. Journal of clinical laboratory analysis 2019 Feb e22845
- [Rapid preimplantation genetic diagnosis of α -thalassemia SEA deletion with blastocyst cell whole genome amplification and short fragment Gap-PCR method].
Xu Huiling et al. Nan fang yi ke da xue xue bao = Journal of Southern Medical University 2018 Sep 38(10) 1250-1254
- Evaluation of Thalassaemia Screening Tests in the Antenatal and Non-Antenatal Populations in Singapore.
Lee Shir Ying et al. Annals of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore 2019 Jan 48(1) 5-15
- Clinical Classification, Screening and Diagnosis for Thalassemia.
Viprakasit Vip et al. Hematology/oncology clinics of North America 2018 32(2) 193-211
- Invasive molecular prenatal diagnosis of alpha and beta thalassemia among Hakka pregnant women.
Wu Heming et al. Medicine 2018 Dec 97(52) e13557
- Inherited hemolytic anemia: a possessive beginner's guide.
Mohandas Narla et al. Hematology. American Society of Hematology. Education Program 2018 Nov 2018(1) 377-381
- Pitfall in genetic screening in a pregnancy involving an allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation recipient.
Xu Li-Li et al. Prenatal diagnosis 2018 Dec
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.