Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
Last Posted: Jan 23, 2020
- Outcomes in pediatric studies of medium-chain acyl-coA dehydrogenase (MCAD) deficiency and phenylketonuria (PKU): a review.
Pugliese Michael et al. Orphanet journal of rare diseases 2020 Jan 15(1) 12
- Item of Interest: Now Available: NIH Research Plan on Fragile X and Associated Conditions
NIH, November 2019
- A quantitative approach for the analysis of clinician recognition of acute respiratory distress syndrome using electronic health record data.
Bechel Meagan A et al. PloS one 2019 14(9) e0222826
- Cancer genetic health communication in families tested for hereditary breast/ovarian cancer risk: a qualitative investigation of impact on children's genetic health literacy and psychosocial adjustment.
Tercyak Kenneth P et al. Translational behavioral medicine 2019 May 9(3) 493-503
- Machine learning for patient risk stratification for acute respiratory distress syndrome.
Zeiberg Daniel et al. PloS one 2019 14(3) e0214465
- Precision medicine for cell therapy in acute respiratory distress syndrome - Authors' reply.
Matthay Michael A et al. The Lancet. Respiratory medicine 2019 Apr 7(4) e14
- Precision medicine for cell therapy in acute respiratory distress syndrome.
Zhang Haibo et al. The Lancet. Respiratory medicine 2019 Apr 7(4) e13
- Current Status and Future Opportunities in Lung Precision Medicine Research with a Focus on Biomarkers. An American Thoracic Society/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Research Statement.
Wu Ann Chen et al. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine 2018 Dec 198(12) e116-e136
- Gene editing for Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Stower Hannah et al. Nature medicine 2018 Oct 24(10) 1491
- A Computable Phenotype for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Using Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning.
Afshar Majid et al. AMIA ... Annual Symposium proceedings. AMIA Symposium 2018 2018157-165
- Precision Medicine In Action: The Impact Of Ivacaftor On Cystic Fibrosis-Related Hospitalizations.
Feng Lisa B et al. Health affairs (Project Hope) 2018 May 37(5) 773-779
- Phenotype and genotype of 87 patients with Mowat-Wilson syndrome and recommendations for care.
Ivanovski Ivan et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2018 Jan
- Responsible Precision Medicine in Pediatric Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: The Challenge of Searching for Biomarker-Driven Earlier Diagnosis, Effective Treatment, and Stratified Outcomes.
Marraro Giuseppe A et al. Critical care medicine 2018 Jan 46(1) 172-174
- Social involvement issues in patients with Becker muscular dystrophy: A questionnaire survey of subjects from a patient registry.
Mori-Yoshimura Madoka et al. Brain & development 2017 Nov
- Using omics approaches to understand pulmonary diseases.
Kan Mengyuan et al. Respiratory research 2017 Aug 18(1) 149
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.