Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Last Posted: Dec 12, 2019
- Screening for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-A Call to Arms?
Mell Matthew et al. JAMA network open 2019 Dec 2(12) e1917168
- Novel Machine Learning Approach to Identify Preoperative Risk Factors Associated With Super-Utilization of Medicare Expenditure Following Surgery.
Hyer J Madison et al. JAMA surgery 2019 Aug
- Draft Recommendation Statement: Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm: Screening,
U.S. Preventive Services, June 2019
- Vascular Genetics: Presentations, Testing, and Prognostics.
Aday Aaron W et al. Current treatment options in cardiovascular medicine 2018 Nov 20(12) 103
- Genetics of blood lipids among ~300,000 multi-ethnic participants of the Million Veteran Program.
Klarin Derek et al. Nature genetics 2018 Oct
- Outcomes of familial abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in the Vascular Quality Initiative.
Ryer Evan J et al. Journal of vascular surgery 2018 Jul
- Systematic Review of Circulating, Biomechanical, and Genetic Markers for the Prediction of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Growth and Rupture.
Groeneveld Menno E et al. Journal of the American Heart Association 2018 Jun 7(13)
- Decoding the Genomics of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.
Li Jingjing et al. Cell 2018 Sep 174(6) 1361-1372.e10
- Researchers can forecast risk of deadly vascular condition from genome sequence
Stanford Medicine, September 6, 2018
- Fully automatic detection and segmentation of abdominal aortic thrombus in post-operative CTA images using Deep Convolutional Neural Networks.
López-Linares Karen et al. Medical image analysis 2018 46202-214
- Association Between Telomere Length and Risk of Cancer and Non-Neoplastic Diseases: A Mendelian Randomization Study.
et al. JAMA oncology 2017 Feb
- ePhenotyping for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm in the Electronic Medical Records and Genomics (eMERGE) Network: Algorithm Development and Konstanz Information Miner Workflow.
Borthwick Kenneth M et al. International journal of biomedical data mining 2015 Dec 4(1)
- An Evolving Understanding of the Genetic Causes of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Disease.
Miner Grace H et al. Surg Technol Int 2015 May 197-205
- Genomic insights into abdominal aortic aneurysms.
Bown M J et al. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2014 Sep (6) 405-14
- Abdominal aortic diameter is increased in males with a family history of abdominal aortic aneurysms: results from the Danish VIVA-trial.
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.