Last Posted: Sep 18, 2023
- A Systematic Review: Do the Use of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Artificial Intelligence Improve Patient Outcomes in Acute Myocardial Ischemia Compared to Clinician-Only Approaches?
Binay K Panjiyar et al. Cureus 2023 15(8) e43003
- A deep learning-based electrocardiogram risk score for long term cardiovascular death and disease
JW Hughes et al, NPJ Digital Medicine, September 12, 2023
- Return-to-Play for Elite Athletes With Genetic Heart Diseases Predisposing to Sudden Cardiac Death.
Katherine A Martinez et al. J Am Coll Cardiol 2023 82(8) 661-670
- Cardiac Failure Forecasting Based on Clinical Data Using a Lightweight Machine Learning Metamodel.
Istiak Mahmud et al. Diagnostics (Basel) 2023 13(15)
- Detection of Cardiovascular Disease from Clinical Parameters Using a One-Dimensional Convolutional Neural Network.
Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman Khan Mamun et al. Bioengineering (Basel) 2023 10(7)
- Health status and comorbidities of adult patients with phenylketonuria (PKU) in France with a focus on early-diagnosed patients - A nationwide study of health insurance claims data.
Sybil Charrière et al. Mol Genet Metab 2023 139(3) 107625
- Revolution of echocardiographic reporting: the new era of artificial intelligence and natural language processing.
Kenya Kusunose et al. J Echocardiogr 2023
- Sudden cardiac death in the young: A qualitative study of experiences of family members with cardiogenetic evaluation.
Lieke van den Heuvel et al. J Genet Couns 2023
- Performance Evaluation of Quantum-Based Machine Learning Algorithms for Cardiac Arrhythmia Classification.
Zeynep Ozpolat et al. Diagnostics (Basel, Switzerland) 2023 13(6)
- Preterm birth and maternal heart disease: A machine learning analysis using the Korean national health insurance database.
Jue Seong Lee et al. PloS one 2023 18(3) e0283959
- The role of aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 in cardiovascular disease.
Jian Zhang et al. Nature reviews. Cardiology 2023 2
- Implementing Cardiogenomics in Clinical Practice
Northwestern University and the Jackson Labs, 2023
- An intelligent health monitoring and diagnosis system based on the internet of things and fuzzy logic for cardiac arrhythmia COVID-19 patients.
Muhammad Zia Rahman et al. Computers in biology and medicine 2023 154106583
- Genetic characterization of juvenile sudden cardiac arrest and death in Tuscany: The ToRSADE registry.
Girolami Francesca et al. Frontiers in cardiovascular medicine 2023 91080608
- Discovery and systematic characterization of risk variants and genes for coronary artery disease in over a million participants
KG Aragam et al, Nature Genetics, December 6, 2022
- Finding causal genes underlying risk for coronary artery disease
PL Auer, Nature Genetics, December 6, 2022
- Heart disease detection based on internet of things data using linear quadratic discriminant analysis and a deep graph convolutional neural network.
Saikumar K et al. Frontiers in computational neuroscience 2022 16964686
- Genetic Basis of Childhood Cardiomyopathy.
Bagnall Richard D et al. Circulation. Genomic and precision medicine 2022 e003686
- Burden of Rare Genetic Variants in Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection With High-risk Features
Y Wang et al, JAMA Cardiology, September 15, 2022
- New Cardiovascular Risk Assessment Techniques for Primary Prevention: JACC Review Topic of the Week.
Verma Kunal P et al. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2022 7 (4) 373-387
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Oct 1, 2023
- Page last updated:Dec 02, 2023
- Content source: