Last Posted: Feb 01, 2023
- Benefits, Harms and Costs of Newborn Genetic Screening for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Estimates from the PreEMPT Model
KD Chrisiensen et al, Genetics in Medicine, January 31, 2023
- Newborn screening for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy in Italy: Diagnostic algorithm and disease monitoring.
Eleonora Bonaventura et al. Frontiers in neurology 2023 131072256
- A Rare Biotinidase Deficiency in the Pediatrics Population: Genotype-Phenotype Analysis.
Balachander Kannan et al. Journal of pediatric genetics 2023 12(1) 1-15
- Newborn screening for spinal muscular atrophy in Australia: a non-randomised cohort study.
Kariyawasam Didu S et al. The Lancet. Child & adolescent health 2023
- Validation of a targeted metabolomics panel for improved second-tier newborn screening.
Mak Justin et al. Journal of inherited metabolic disease 2023
- Newborn Screening Long-Term Follow-Up Clinics (Continuity Clinics) in the Philippines during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Continuing Quality Patient Care.
Maceda Ebner Bon G et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2023 9(1)
- Diagnosing Cystic Fibrosis in Adults.
Barry Peter J et al. Seminars in respiratory and critical care medicine 2023
- Surveillance for the Rare Condition of Sickle Cell Disease in Wisconsin.
Singh Ashima et al. WMJ : official publication of the State Medical Society of Wisconsin 2023 121(4) 297-300
- The efficacy of maternal health education and maternal screening on knowledge and the uptake of infant screening for sickle cell disease in Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania; a quasi experimental study.
Tutuba Hilda J et al. BMC public health 2023 23(1) 70
- The Importance of Neonatal Screening for Galactosemia.
Badiu Ti?a Ioana et al. Nutrients 2023 15(1)
Reproductive and Child Health PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to reproductive and child Health...more
- CDC Information (29)
- NIH Information (2)
- COVID-19 (7)
- CDC Publications (35)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (225)
- GWAS Studies (1)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (946)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (119)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (43)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (8)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (2)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (2)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (85)
- Reviews/Commentaries (532)
- Tools/Methods (25)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (41)
Common RCH Related Topics
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Birth Defects
- Carrier Testing
- Cerebral Palsy
- Congenital heart defects
- Pregnancy loss
- Developmental Disabilities
- Gestational Diabetes
- Hearing loss
- Neural tube defects
- Infant Mortality
- Learning disability
- Newborn Screening
- Prenatal Testing
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.