Last Posted: May 18, 2022
- Pregnant Latinas’ views of adopting exome sequencing into newborn screening: A qualitative study
H Wang et al, Genetics in Medicine, May 17, 2022
- A Window of Opportunity for Newborn Screening.
Bailey Donald B et al. Molecular diagnosis & therapy 2022
- Incorporation of second-tier tests and secondary biomarkers to improve positive predictive value (PPV) rate in newborn metabolic screening program.
Younesi Sarang et al. Journal of clinical laboratory analysis 2022 e24471
- Towards Achieving Equity and Innovation in Newborn Screening across Europe
J Sikonja et al, IJNS,May 2022
- SCID and Other Inborn Errors of Immunity with Low TRECs - the Brazilian Experience.
Barreiros Lucila Akune et al. Journal of clinical immunology 2022
- A New Approach to Objectively Evaluate Inherited Metabolic Diseases for Inclusion on Newborn Screening Programmes.
Burlina Alberto et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2022 8(2)
- COVID-19 Pandemic-Related Impacts on Newborn Screening Public Health Surveillance.
Singh Sikha et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2022 8(2)
- How longitudinal observational studies can guide screening strategy for rare diseases.
Mütze Ulrike et al. Journal of inherited metabolic disease 2022
- Lessons Learned from Five Years of Newborn Screening for Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID) in Israel.
Lev Atar et al. The journal of allergy and clinical immunology. In practice 2022
- Prevalence of Hemoglobin-S and Baseline Level of Knowledge on Sickle Cell Disease Among Pregnant Women Attending Antenatal Clinics in Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania.
Tutuba Hilda J et al. Frontiers in genetics 2022 13805709
Reproductive and Child Health PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to reproductive and child Health...more
- CDC Information (25)
- NIH Information (2)
- COVID-19 (5)
- CDC Publications (34)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (213)
- GWAS Studies (1)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (844)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (109)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (39)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (8)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (2)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (2)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (85)
- Reviews/Commentaries (491)
- Tools/Methods (22)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (38)
Common RCH Related Topics
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Birth Defects
- Carrier Testing
- Cerebral Palsy
- Congenital heart defects
- Pregnancy loss
- Developmental Disabilities
- Gestational Diabetes
- Hearing loss
- Neural tube defects
- Infant Mortality
- Learning disability
- Newborn Screening
- Prenatal Testing
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.