Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Last Posted: Aug 05, 2019
- Gene therapy for primary immunodeficiency.
Booth Claire et al. Human molecular genetics 2019 Jul
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency: A Review for Neonatal Clinicians.
Michniacki Thomas F et al. NeoReviews 2019 Jun 20(6) e326-e335
- Cost-effectiveness of newborn screening for severe combined immunodeficiency.
Van der Ploeg Catharina P B et al. European journal of pediatrics 2019 May 178(5) 721-729
- Experimental gene therapy frees bubble-boy babies from a life of isolation- Treatment restores immune-system function in young children with severe disorder.
H Ledford, Nature, April 17, 2019
- Gene therapy restores immunity in infants with rare immunodeficiency disease
NIH News, April 17, 2019
- Lentiviral Gene Therapy Combined with Low-Dose Busulfan in Infants with SCID-X1.
Mamcarz Ewelina et al. The New England journal of medicine 2019 Apr 380(16) 1525-1534
- Clinical and economic aspects of newborn screening for severe combined immunodeficiency: DEPISTREC study results.
Thomas Caroline et al. Clinical immunology (Orlando, Fla.) 2019 Apr 20233-39
- Rethinking newborn screening for severe combined immunodeficiency: Lessons from an international partnership for patients with primary immunodeficiencies in Pakistan.
Wallace Jacqueline G et al. Clinical immunology (Orlando, Fla.) 2019 Mar
- Clinical, Immunological, and Molecular Findings in 57 Patients With Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID) From India.
Aluri Jahnavi et al. Frontiers in immunology 2019 1023
- Newborn Screening for Severe Combined Immunodeficiency and T-cell Lymphopenia in California, 2010-2017.
Amatuni George S et al. Pediatrics 2019 Jan
- Lessons Learned from Newborn Screening in Pilot Studies.
Taylor Jennifer L et al. North Carolina medical journal 80(1) 54-58
- Newborn screening for severe combined immunodeficiency and T-cell lymphopenia.
Puck Jennifer M et al. Immunological reviews 2019 Jan 287(1) 241-252
- Newborn Screening for Severe Combined Immunodeficiency in the United States: Lessons Learned.
Dorsey Morna J et al. Immunology and allergy clinics of North America 2019 Feb 39(1) 1-11
- Transplantation of Hematopoietic Stem Cells for Primary Immunodeficiencies in Brazil: Challenges in Treating Rare Diseases in Developing Countries.
Fernandes Juliana Folloni et al. Journal of clinical immunology 2018 Nov
- Detecting 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome in Newborns with Low T Cell Receptor Excision Circles from Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Screening.
Liao Hsuan-Chieh et al. The Journal of pediatrics 2018 Sep
- CDC Information (3)
- NIH Information (8)
- CDC Publications (5)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (12)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (5)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (2)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (1)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (7)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (4)
- Reviews/Commentaries (33)
- Tools/Methods (1)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Jul 30, 2019
- Page last updated:Aug 23, 2019
- Content source: