Last Posted: Apr 23, 2020
- Circulating miR-21 as a Potential Biomarker for the Diagnosis of Oral Cancer: A Systematic Review with Meta-Analysis.
Dioguardi Mario et al. Cancers 2020 Apr 12(4)
- Molecular Diagnostics in Oral Cancer and Oral Potentially Malignant Disorders - A Clinician's Guide.
Yap Tami et al. Journal of oral pathology & medicine : official publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology 2019 Jul
- Machine learning and its potential applications to the genomic study of head and neck cancer - a systematic review.
Patil Shankargouda et al. Journal of oral pathology & medicine : official publication of the International Association of Oral Pathologists and the American Academy of Oral Pathology 2019 Mar
- Identification and characterization of TP53 gene Allele Dropout in Li-Fraumeni syndrome and Oral cancer cohorts.
Haque Mohammed Moquitul et al. Scientific reports 2018 Aug 8(1) 11705
- New Ads From Former Smokers
CDC Tips Campaign, 2018
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Using Loss of Heterozygosity to Manage Premalignant Oral Dysplasia in British Columbia, Canada.
Cromwell Ian et al. The oncologist 2016 Sep 21(9) 1099-106
- A 16-gene signature predicting prognosis of patients with oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma.
Qiu Zeting et al. PeerJ 2017 5e4062
- OMICS, Oral Cancer Molecular Landscapes, and Clinical Practice.
D'Souza Wendy et al. Omics : a journal of integrative biology 2017 Nov
- Establishing and managing a periodontal biobank for research: the sharing of experience.
Vaithilingam R D et al. Oral diseases 2015 Jan 21(1) e62-9
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.