Last Posted: May 21, 2020
- An Analysis of Racial and Ethnic Backgrounds Within the CASiRe International Cohort of Sickle Cell Disease Patients: Implications for Disease Phenotype and Clinical Research.
Campbell Andrew D et al. Journal of racial and ethnic health disparities 2020 May
- Genetics of inherited cardiomyopathies in Africa.
Shaboodien Gasnat et al. Cardiovascular diagnosis and therapy 2020 Apr 10(2) 262-278
- Precision identification of high-risk phenotypes and progression pathways in severe malaria without requiring longitudinal data.
Johnston Iain G, et al. NPJ digital medicine 2019 0 0. 63
- Efficacy and safety of artemether-lumefantrine for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria and prevalence of Pfk13 and Pfmdr1 polymorphisms after a decade of using artemisinin-based combination therapy in mainland Tanzania.
Ishengoma Deus S et al. Malaria journal 2019 Mar 18(1) 88
- White Paper: Pathways to Progress in Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Hsu Lewis et al. Journal of tropical diseases & public health 2018 6(2) 260
- Evaluation of a Novel Quantitative Test for Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency: Bringing Quantitative Testing for Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency Closer to the Patient.
Pal Sampa et al. The American journal of tropical medicine and hygiene 2018 Oct
- Newborn Screening for Hemoglobinopathies and Red Cell Enzymopathies in Tripura State: A Malaria-Endemic State in Northeast India.
Upadhye Dipti et al. Hemoglobin 2018 Jan 42(1) 43-46
- Wellcome Sanger Institute at 25: how the genomic revolution is changing medicine
Wellcome Sanger, September 2018
- Machine Learning
NIH Catalyst, July 2018
- Cancer Scientists Have Ignored African DNA in the Search for Cures
J Wapner, Newsweek, July 2018
Rare Disease PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to rare diseases...more
- CDC Information (10)
- NIH Information (5)
- COVID-19 (78)
- CDC Publications (95)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (555)
- GWAS Studies (15)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (22)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (3)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (15)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (344)
- Reviews/Commentaries (27)
- Tools/Methods (1)
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.