Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
Last Posted: Apr 23, 2019
- Clinical Experience with SERPINA1 DNA Sequencing to Detect Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency.
Maltais François et al. Annals of the American Thoracic Society 2018 15(2) 266-268
- Identifying Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Based on Computed Tomography Evidence of Emphysema.
Miskoff Jeffrey A et al. Cureus 2019 Jan 11(1) e3971
- Pharmacogenomics of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Hersh Craig P et al. Expert review of respiratory medicine 2019 Mar
- A Stress Buffering Perspective on the Progression of Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency.
Tian Xi et al. Health communication 2019 Mar 1-9
- Genetic profiling for disease stratification in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma.
Rathnayake Senani N H et al. Current opinion in pulmonary medicine 2019 Feb
- Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients: is systematic screening necessary?
da Costa Cláudia Henrique et al. BMC research notes 2019 Jan 12(1) 10
- Portuguese consensus document for the management of alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency.
Lopes A P et al. Pulmonology 2018 Dec 24 Suppl 11-21
- Alpha1-Antitrypsin Deficiency: Transition of Care for the Child With AAT Deficiency into Adulthood.
Lin Henry C et al. Current pediatric reviews 2018 Nov
- A Novel Approach to Screening for Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency: Inpatient Testing at a Teaching Institution.
Tasch James J et al. Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (Miami, Fla.) 2018 Apr 5(2) 106-110
- Retrospective analysis of children with α-1 antitrypsin deficiency.
Comba Atakan et al. European journal of gastroenterology & hepatology 2018 30(7) 774-778
- CLINGEN Actionability Report for Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency - SERPINA1
ClinGen Actionability Working Group
- Alpha-1-Antitrypsin Deficiency: Disease Management and Learning from Studies.
Greulich Timm et al. COPD 2017 Mar 14(sup1) S8-S11
- Long-term clinical outcomes following treatment with alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor for COPD associated with alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency: a look at the evidence.
Rahaghi Franck F et al. Respiratory research 2017 May 18(1) 105
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency: From the lung to the heart?
Curjuric Ivan et al. Atherosclerosis 2018 270166-172
- Living with a Rare Health Condition: The Influence of a Support Community and Public Stigma on Communication, Stress, and Available Support.
Zhu Xun et al. Journal of applied communication research : JACR 2017 45(2) 179-198
Selected Rare Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Brugada Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Erythema Multiforme
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Graves Disease
- Huntington Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency
Quick Links to Other Resources
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Jul 30, 2019
- Page last updated:Aug 24, 2019
- Content source: