Neural Tube Defects
Last Posted: Mar 29, 2021
- Understanding Pregnancy Loss, Infertility, Birth Defects and the MTHFR gene: What Everyone Should Know
J Gunter, the Vajenda, March 27, 2021
- Genome-wide investigation identifies a rare copy-number variant burden associated with human spina bifida
P Wolujewicz et al, Genetics in Medicine, March 8, 2021
- World Birth Defects Day, March 3, 2021
CDC, March 2021
- Guideline No. 410: Prevention, Screening, Diagnosis, and Pregnancy Management for Fetal Neural Tube Defects.
Wilson R Douglas et al. Journal of obstetrics and gynaecology Canada : JOGC = Journal d'obstetrique et gynecologie du Canada : JOGC 2020 Nov
- Prenatal genetic diagnosis: Fetal therapy as a possible solution to a positive test.
Kiani Aysha Karim et al. Acta bio-medica : Atenei Parmensis 2020 Nov 91(13-S) e2020021
- Laboratory screening and diagnosis of open neural tube defects, 2019 revision: a technical standard of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG).
Palomaki Glenn E et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2019 Nov
- Genome-wide association studies of structural birth defects: A review and commentary.
Lupo Philip J et al. Birth defects research 2019 Oct
- Real Stories: Living with Spina Bifida
- Study reveals elevated cancer risk in children with birth defects,
EurekAlert, June 25, 2019
- Patient Preferences for Prenatal Testing and Termination of Pregnancy for Congenital Anomalies and Genetic Diseases in Ethiopia.
Brooks Daniel et al. Prenatal diagnosis 2019 May
Neurological Disorders (ND) PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to neurological disorders....more
Common ND Related Topics
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.