Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Last Posted: Aug 19, 2021
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Genetic Access Program: Paving the Way for Genetic Characterization of ALS in the Clinic.
Roggenbuck Jennifer et al. Neurology. Genetics 2021 7(5) e615
- Estimated Prevalence and Incidence of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and SOD1 and C9orf72 Genetic Variants.
Brown Carolyn A et al. Neuroepidemiology 2021 1-12
- Evidence for generalizability of edaravone efficacy using a novel machine learning risk-based subgroup analysis tool.
Brooks Benjamin Rix et al. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis & frontotemporal degeneration 2021 1-9
- Repeats expansions in ATXN2, NOP56, NIPA1 and ATXN1 are not associated with ALS in Africans.
Nel Melissa et al. IBRO neuroscience reports 2021 10130-135
- Current and Future Projections of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis in the United States Using Administrative Claims Data.
Miller Chris et al. Neuroepidemiology 2021 1-11
- Artificial intelligence in neurodegenerative diseases: A review of available tools with a focus on machine learning techniques.
Tautan Alexandra-Maria et al. Artificial intelligence in medicine 2021 117102081
- Prediction of caregiver quality of life in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis using explainable machine learning.
Antoniadi Anna Markella et al. Scientific reports 2021 11(1) 12237
- Patient and Relative Experiences and Decision-making About Genetic Testing and Counseling for Familial ALS and FTD: A Systematic Scoping Review.
Crook Ashley et al. Alzheimer disease and associated disorders 2021
- Childhood amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by excess sphingolipid synthesis
P Mohassel et al, Nature Medicine, May 2021
- Polygenic risk score analysis for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis leveraging cognitive performance, educational attainment and schizophrenia
R Restuadi et al, EJHG, April 27, 2021
Neurological Disorders (ND) PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other information that address the public health impact and translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health outcomes related to neurological disorders....more
- CDC Information (4)
- NIH Information (1)
- COVID-19 (7)
- CDC Publications (1)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (602)
- GWAS Studies (24)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (53)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (5)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (10)
- Reviews/Commentaries (39)
- Tools/Methods (1)
Common ND Related Topics
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.