Last Posted: Dec 29, 2020
- Determining the serotype composition of mixed samples of pneumococcus using whole-genome sequencing.
Knight James R et al. Microbial genomics 2020 Dec
- A molecular warning system for invasive pneumococcus
Langelier C. Sci Transl Med, Jun 20, 2018.
- Deciphering the distance to antibiotic resistance for the pneumococcus using genome sequencing data.
Mobegi Fredrick M et al. Scientific reports 2017 Feb 42808
- Harnessing next-generation sequencing to monitor changes in population-based pneumococcal disease
- Phylogenetic Analysis of Invasive Serotype 1 Pneumococcus in South Africa, 1989-2013.
du Plessis Mignon et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2016 Mar
- Pneumococcus adapts to the sickle cell host.
Mitchell Tim J et al. Cell host & microbe 2014 May (5) 521-3
About Infectious Diseases PHGKB
Infectious Diseases Cancer PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the impact of genomics, advanced molecular detection, and precision health technologies on the control and prevention of infectious diseases...more
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Feb 1, 2023
- Page last updated:Mar 28, 2023
- Content source: