- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Apr 10, 2019
- Recent progress in laboratory diagnosis of thalassemia and hemoglobinopathy: a study by the Korean Red Blood Cell Disorder Working Party of the Korean Society of Hematology.
Lee Young Kyung et al. Blood research 2019 Mar 54(1) 17-22
- [Rapid preimplantation genetic diagnosis of α -thalassemia SEA deletion with blastocyst cell whole genome amplification and short fragment Gap-PCR method].
Xu Huiling et al. Nan fang yi ke da xue xue bao = Journal of Southern Medical University 2018 Sep 38(10) 1250-1254
- Clinical Classification, Screening and Diagnosis for Thalassemia.
Viprakasit Vip et al. Hematology/oncology clinics of North America 2018 32(2) 193-211
- Incidence of hemoglobinopathies and thalassemias in Northern Alberta. Establishment of reference intervals for HbF and HbA2.
Rodriguez-Capote Karina et al. Clinical biochemistry 2015 Jul 48(10-11) 698-702
- Invasive molecular prenatal diagnosis of alpha and beta thalassemia among Hakka pregnant women.
Wu Heming et al. Medicine 2018 Dec 97(52) e13557
- Inherited hemolytic anemia: a possessive beginner's guide.
Mohandas Narla et al. Hematology. American Society of Hematology. Education Program 2018 Nov 2018(1) 377-381
- Relationship Between Social Determinants of Health and the Thalassemia Prenatal Diagnosis Test in Zahedan, South Eastern Iran.
Sargolzaie Narjes et al. Hemoglobin 2018 Nov 1-5
- Decisions Regarding Pregnancy Termination Due to ?-Thalassemia Major: a Mixed-Methods Study in Sistan and Baluchestan, Iran.
Moudi Zahra et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2017 Jun 26(3) 556-566
- Prevalence of Thalassemia among Newborns: A Re-visited after 20 Years of a Prevention and Control Program in Northeast Thailand.
Chaibunruang Attawut et al. Mediterranean journal of hematology and infectious diseases 2018 10(1) e2018054
- A Phase 3 Trial of l-Glutamine in Sickle Cell Disease.
Niihara Yutaka et al. The New England journal of medicine 2018 Jul 379(3) 226-235
- Common α-globin variants modify hematologic and other clinical phenotypes in sickle cell trait and disease.
Raffield Laura M et al. PLoS genetics 2018 14(3) e1007293
- Molecular prenatal diagnosis of alpha and beta thalassemia in pregnant Hakka women in southern China.
Zhao Pingsen et al. Journal of clinical laboratory analysis 2018 Mar 32(3)
- Clinical application of a protocol based on universal next-generation sequencing for the diagnosis of beta-thalassaemia and sickle cell anaemia in preimplantation embryos.
Kubikova Nada et al. Reproductive biomedicine online 2018 May
- Targeted next generation sequencing for the diagnosis of patients with rare congenital anemias.
Shefer Averbuch Noa et al. European journal of haematology 2018 May
- Interventions for improving adherence to iron chelation therapy in people with sickle cell disease or thalassaemia.
Fortin Patricia M et al. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews 2018 May 5CD012349
- NIH Information (2)
- CDC Publications (1)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (449)
- GWAS Studies (5)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (35)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (7)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (4)
- Reviews/Commentaries (16)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (1)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Apr 21, 2019
- Content source: