- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Jul 10, 2020
- A web-based educational intervention module to improve knowledge and attitudes towards thalassaemia prevention in Malaysian young adults.
Ngim C F et al. The Medical journal of Malaysia 2019 74(3) 219-225
- Noninvasive prenatal diagnosis of β-thalassemia by relative haplotype dosage without analyzing proband.
Li Haoxian et al. Molecular genetics & genomic medicine 2019 7(11) e963
- Genetic epidemiology of beta-thalassemia in the Maldives: 23 years of a beta-thalassemia screening program.
Mustafa Ibrahim et al. Gene 2020 May 741144544
- Providers' Perspectives on Treating Patients With Thalassemia.
Radke Taylor et al. Journal of pediatric hematology/oncology 2019 41(7) e421-e426
- [Clinical practice guidelines for alpha-thalassemia].
Writing Group For Practice Guidelines For Diagnosis And Treatment Of Genetic Diseases Medical Genetics Branch Of Chinese Medical Association et al. Zhonghua yi xue yi chuan xue za zhi = Zhonghua yixue yichuanxue zazhi = Chinese journal of medical genetics 2020 Mar 37(3) 235-242
- [Clinical practice guidelines for beta-thalassemia].
Writing Group For Practice Guidelines For Diagnosis And Treatment Of Genetic Diseases Medical Genetics Branch Of Chinese Medical Association et al. Zhonghua yi xue yi chuan xue za zhi = Zhonghua yixue yichuanxue zazhi = Chinese journal of medical genetics 2020 Mar 37(3) 243-251
- Investigating the suitability of high-resolution mass spectrometry for newborn screening: identification of hemoglobinopathies and β-thalassemias in dried blood spots.
Wiesinger Thomas et al. Clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine 2020 Feb
- Use of an automated pyrosequencing technique for confirmation of sickle cell disease.
de Martino Camila Cruz et al. PloS one 2019 14(12) e0216020
- Sickle cell disease and thalassaemia antenatal screening programme in England over 10 years: a review from 2007/2008 to 2016/2017.
Weil Leonora G et al. Journal of clinical pathology 2019 Nov
- Clinical utility of combined preimplantation genetic testing methods in couples at risk of passing on beta thalassemia/hemoglobin E disease: A retrospective review from a single center.
Satirapod Chonthicha et al. PloS one 2019 14(11) e0225457
- Karyomapping in preimplantation genetic testing for β-thalassemia combined with HLA matching: a systematic summary.
Wang Jing et al. Journal of assisted reproduction and genetics 2019 Nov
- [Genetic Analysis, Prenatal Diagnosis and Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis of Taiwanese Deletion β-Thalassemia].
DU Li et al. Zhongguo shi yan xue ye xue za zhi 2019 Oct 27(5) 1585-1591
- [Genetic Screening of Thalassemia among the Couples of Childbearing Age in Ding'an County of Hainan Province and Its Analysis].
Tu Zhi-Hua et al. Zhongguo shi yan xue ye xue za zhi 2019 Oct 27(5) 1592-1595
- Prevalence and Genetic Analysis of α - and β -Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Anemia in Southwest Iran.
Nezhad Forozan H et al. Journal of epidemiology and global health 2018 8(3-4) 189-195
- Thalassemia and Hemoglobinopathies in an Ethnic Minority Group in Northern Vietnam.
Anh Tuan Mai et al. Hemoglobin 2019 Oct 1-5
- NIH Information (2)
- CDC Publications (3)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (437)
- GWAS Studies (5)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (81)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (7)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (2)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (1)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (3)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (4)
- Reviews/Commentaries (29)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (1)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.