Last Posted: Mar 16, 2023
- α- and β-Globin Gene Mutations in Individuals with Hemoglobinopathies in the Chattogram and Sylhet Regions of Bangladesh.
Tamanna Kabir et al. Hemoglobin 2023 1-8
- [Diagnostics and treatment of alpha- and beta-thalassemias].
Cario Holger et al. Deutsche medizinische Wochenschrift (1946) 2022 147(19) 1250-1259
- Thalassemia in India.
Colah Roshan B et al. Hemoglobin 2022 46(1) 20-26
- Successful Implementation of Newborn Screening for Hemoglobin Disorders in the Philippines.
Padilla Carmencita D et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2021 7(2)
- Selecting β-thalassemia Patients for Gene Therapy: A Decision-making Algorithm.
Baronciani Donatella et al. HemaSphere 2021 5(5) e555
- Professionally responsible management of the ethical and social challenges of antenatal screening and diagnosis of β-thalassemia in a high-risk population.
Corda Valentina et al. Journal of perinatal medicine 2021
Taher Ali T et al. The New England journal of medicine 2021 2 (8) 727-743
- Thalassemias: An Overview.
Angastiniotis Michael et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2019 Mar 5(1) 16
- δ-Globin Chain Variants Associated with Decreased Hb A 2 Levels: A National Reference Laboratory Experience.
Rets Anton V et al. Hemoglobin 2020 Oct 1-4
- Gene Therapy of the Hemoglobinopathies.
Kunz Joachim B et al. HemaSphere 2020 Oct 4(5) e479
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Feb 1, 2023
- Page last updated:May 27, 2023
- Content source: