Sickle Cell Disease
Last Posted: Mar 21, 2023
- Factors Affecting Age of Initial Specialty Clinic Evaluation Among Infants with Sickle Cell Disease in Kingston, Jamaica.
J Knight-Madden et al. The Journal of pediatrics 2023
- Sickle Cell Data Collection Program
CDC, March 2023
- Predicting Pain in People With Sickle Cell Disease in the Day Hospital Using the Commercial Wearable Apple Watch: Feasibility Study.
Rebecca Sofia Stojancic et al. JMIR formative research 2023 7e45355
- A high-throughput newborn screening approach for SCID, SMA, and SCD combining multiplex qPCR and tandem mass spectrometry.
Rafael Tesorero et al. PloS one 2023 18(3) e0283024
- α- and β-Globin Gene Mutations in Individuals with Hemoglobinopathies in the Chattogram and Sylhet Regions of Bangladesh.
Tamanna Kabir et al. Hemoglobin 2023 1-8
- Hydroxyurea for Children with Sickle Cell Disease in sub-Saharan Africa: A Summary of the Evidence, Opportunities, and Challenges.
Daniel Dexter et al. Pharmacotherapy 2023
- Interventions for improving adherence to iron chelation therapy in people with sickle cell disease or thalassaemia.
Louise J Geneen et al. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews 2023 3(3) CD012349
- Sickle Cell Disease Newborn Screening—An Audit of a Twin Island State Pilot Program
SB Jarvis et al, IJNS, March 2023
- Assessing knowledge of sickle cell disease and health beliefs on premarital genetic screening among healthcare trainees at a tertiary institution: A cross-sectional study.
William Kwaku Agbozo et al. Health science reports 2023 6(2) e1128
- Management of Older Adults with Sickle Cell Disease: Considerations for Current and Emerging Therapies.
Charity I Oyedeji et al. Drugs & aging 2023
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Feb 1, 2023
- Page last updated:Mar 22, 2023
- Content source: