- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Oct 16, 2020
- [Neonatal cystic fibrosis screening: Analysis and differences in immunoreactive trypsin levels in newborns with a positive screen].
Arrudi-Moreno Marta et al. Anales de pediatria (Barcelona, Spain : 2003) 2020 Oct
- Clinical and laboratory data, radiological structured report findings and quantitative evaluation of lung involvement on baseline chest CT in COVID-19 patients to predict prognosis.
Salvatore Cappabianca et al. La Radiologia medica 2020 Oct
- Expanding the Clinico-Genetic Spectrum of Myofibrillar Myopathy: Experience From a Chinese Neuromuscular Center.
Luo Yue-Bei et al. Frontiers in neurology 2020 111014
- Cost-Effectiveness of Ivacaftor Therapy for Treatment of Cystic Fibrosis Patients With the G551D Gating Mutation.
Wherry Kael et al. Value in health : the journal of the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research 2020 Oct 23(10) 1332-1339
- Methods and implementation of a pediatric asthma pharmacogenomic study in the emergency department setting.
Fishe Jennifer N et al. Pharmacogenetics and genomics 2020 Dec 30(9) 201-207
- Chest X-ray image analysis and classification for COVID-19 pneumonia detection using Deep CNN
T Gao, MEDRXIV, October 12, 2020
- Development and evaluation of an artificial intelligence system for COVID-19 diagnosis.
Jin Cheng et al. Nature communications 2020 Oct 11(1) 5088
- Development and validation of a serum microRNA biomarker panel for detecting gastric cancer in a high-risk population.
So Jimmy Bok Yan et al. Gut 2020 Oct
- Protocol for Project Fizzyo, an analytic longitudinal observational cohort study of physiotherapy for children and young people with cystic fibrosis, with interrupted time-series design.
Raywood Emma et al. BMJ open 2020 Oct 10(10) e039587
- The Direct and Indirect Impact of SARS-CoV-2 Infections on Neonates: A Series of 26 Cases in Bangladesh.
Saha Senjuti et al. The Pediatric infectious disease journal 2020 Oct
- Pay Attention to the cough: Early Diagnosis of COVID-19 using Interpretable Symptoms Embeddings with Cough Sound Signal Processing
A Pal et al, ARXIV, October 6, 2020
- An Empirical Method of Automatic Pattern Extraction for Clinical Text Classification.
Hussain Musarrat et al. Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Annual International Conference 2020 Jul 20205292-5295
- The Performance of Deep Neural Networks in Differentiating Chest X-Rays of COVID-19 Patients From Other Bacterial and Viral Pneumonias.
Elgendi Mohamed et al. Frontiers in medicine 2020 7550
- Toward Early Severity Assessment of Obstructive Lung Disease Using Multi-Modal Wearable Sensor Data Fusion During Walking.
Rahman Md Juber et al. Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Annual International Conference 2020 Jul 20205935-5938
- Coronavirus Disease among Persons with Sickle Cell Disease, United States, March 20-May 21, 2020.
Panepinto Julie A et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2020 10 (10) 2473-2476
- Translational Research in the Time of COVID-19-Dissolving Boundaries.
Edgeworth Jonathan D et al. PLoS pathogens 2020 16(9) e1008898
- Exploring the Potential of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to Combat COVID-19 and Existing Opportunities for LMIC: A Scoping Review.
Naseem Maleeha et al. Journal of primary care & community health 112150132720963634
- The major genetic risk factor for severe COVID-19 is inherited from Neanderthals.
Zeberg Hugo et al. Nature 2020 Sep
- Using a rapid assessment methodology to identify and address immediate needs among low-income households with children during COVID-19.
Sharma Shreela V et al. PloS one 2020 15(10) e0240009
- SARS-CoV-2 and Pregnancy: A Review of the Facts.
Czeresnia Ricardo Mamber et al. Revista brasileira de ginecologia e obstetricia : revista da Federacao Brasileira das Sociedades de Ginecologia e Obstetricia 2020 Sep 42(9) 562-568
- CDC Information (30)
- NIH Information (95)
- CDC Publications (117)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (11425)
- GWAS Studies (285)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (969)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (116)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (69)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (60)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (268)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (621)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (29)
- Reviews/Commentaries (670)
- Tools/Methods (15)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (17)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.