- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Feb 17, 2019
- I have a rare disease. Research on such illnesses can provide insights into more common ones.
SH Bacon, Washington Post, February 15, 2019
- DNA Genome Sequencing in Esophageal Adenocarcinoma.
Pillai Suja et al. Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) 2018 1756231-246
- Towards precision medicine in severe asthma: Treatment algorithms based on treatable traits.
Papaioannou Andriana I et al. Respiratory medicine 2018 14215-22
- Health economic modelling in Cystic Fibrosis: A systematic review.
Mohindru Bishal et al. Journal of cystic fibrosis : official journal of the European Cystic Fibrosis Society 2019 Feb
- Outrage as cystic fibrosis drug firm posts big profit
The Observer, February 10, 2019
- Hospitalizations with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia and pulmonary hypertension in the United States from 2000 to 2014.
Harder Eileen M et al. Respiratory medicine 2019 Feb 14726-30
- Elevated platelet count appears to be causally associated with increased risk of lung cancer: A Mendelian randomization analysis.
Zhu Ying et al. Cancer epidemiology, biomarkers & prevention : a publication of the American Association for Cancer Research, cosponsored by the American Society of Preventive Oncology 2019 Jan
- Were still waiting: As cystic fibrosis drugs deliver new hope, not everyone is being swept up by scientific progress
A Joseph, Stat News, February 4, 2019
- Introduction to Precision Medicine in COPD.
Leung Janice M et al. The European respiratory journal 2019 Jan
- Turn your head, cough, submit your DNA: Your next physical may include genetic testing
Chicago Tribune, January 25, 2019
- Integrating Genomics into Management of Fibrotic Interstitial Lung Disease.
Adegunsoye Ayodeji et al. Chest 2019 Jan
- Precision medicine in childhood asthma.
Slob Elise M et al. Current opinion in allergy and clinical immunology 2019 Jan
- Blood test shows promise for early detection of severe lung-transplant rejection
NHLBI, January 23, 2019
- Current Status and Future Opportunities in Lung Precision Medicine Research with a Focus on Biomarkers. An American Thoracic Society/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Research Statement.
Wu Ann Chen et al. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine 2018 Dec 198(12) e116-e136
- Genomics, microbiomics, proteomics, and metabolomics in bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
Lal Charitharth Vivek et al. Seminars in perinatology 2018 Nov (7) 425-431
- Now Is the Time to Use Molecular Gene Testing for the Diagnosis of Primary Immune Deficiencies.
Heimall Jennifer et al. The journal of allergy and clinical immunology. In practice 2019 Jan
- Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients: is systematic screening necessary?
da Costa Cláudia Henrique et al. BMC research notes 2019 Jan 12(1) 10
- Leveraging Multilayered "Omics" Data for Atopic Dermatitis: A Road Map to Precision Medicine.
Ghosh Debajyoti et al. Frontiers in immunology 2018 92727
- Three cases of multi-generational Gaucher disease and colon cancer from an Ashkenazi Jewish family: A lesson for cascade screening.
Hannah-Shmouni Fady et al. Molecular genetics and metabolism reports 2019 Mar 1819-21
- Comparison of two sweat test systems for the diagnosis of cystic fibrosis in newborns.
Rueegg Corina S et al. Pediatric pulmonology 2019 Jan
- CDC Information (23)
- NIH Information (90)
- CDC Genomics Publications (97)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (28)
- Epidemiologic Studies (10263)
- GWAS Studies (210)
- Translation/Implementation Studies (391)
- Evidence Synthesis (60)
- Guidelines (35)
- Tier Table (8)
- Reviews/Commentaries (326)
- Tools/Methods (10)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (9)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Feb 18, 2019
- Content source: