- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Feb 03, 2019
- Common genetic disorder found to cause serious disease and disability with age
National Institute on Aging, January 2019
- Hereditary Hemochromatosis Associations with Frailty, Sarcopenia and Chronic Pain: Evidence from 200,975 Older UK Biobank Participants.
Tamosauskaite Jone et al. The journals of gerontology. Series A, Biological sciences and medical sciences 2019 Jan
- A Proposed Approach for Implementing Genomics-Based Screening Programs for Healthy Adults
M. Murray and the Genomics and Population Health Action Collaborative, National Academies of Medicine, December 3, 2018
- About genetic diagnosis of hereditary hemochromatosis.
Michel Henri et al. Annales de biologie clinique 2018 Apr 76(2) 131
- Higher age at diagnosis of hemochromatosis is the strongest predictor of the occurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma in the Swiss hemochromatosis cohort: A prospective longitudinal observational study.
Nowak Albina et al. Medicine 2018 Oct 97(42) e12886
- Mutations in the HFE gene can be associated with increased lung disease severity in cystic fibrosis.
Smith Daniel J et al. Gene 2018 Oct 68312-17
- Clinical penetrance in hereditary hemochromatosis: estimates of the cumulative incidence of severe liver disease among HFE C282Y homozygotes.
Grosse Scott D et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2018 Apr 20(4) 383-389
- Haemochromatosis: a clinical update for the practising physician.
Radford-Smith Daniel E et al. Internal medicine journal 2018 48(5) 509-516
- Opportunistic Screening for Hereditary Hemochromatosis With Unenhanced CT: Determination of an Optimal Liver Attenuation Threshold.
Lawrence Edward M et al. AJR. American journal of roentgenology 2018 Oct 1-6
- Therapeutic recommendations in HFE hemochromatosis for p.Cys282Tyr (C282Y/C282Y) homozygous genotype.
Adams Paul et al. Hepatology international 2018 Mar 12(2) 83-86
- Reduced phenotypic expression in genetic hemochromatosis with time: role of exposure to nongenetic modifiers.
Deugnier Yves et al. Journal of hepatology 2018 Sep
- [Prevention of genetic diseases : the return of the family practitioner ?]
Derbez B et al. Revue d'epidemiologie et de sante publique 2018 Sep
- Is DNA testing for hemochromatosis diagnosis reliable?
Adams Paul C et al. Expert review of molecular diagnostics 2017 17(3) 203-204
- Hereditary Hemochromatosis
CDC, July 2018
- Identification of Genes for Hereditary Hemochromatosis.
Gerhard Glenn S et al. Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) 2018 1706353-365
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Feb 18, 2019
- Content source: