Last Posted: Nov 14, 2022
- Diagnosis and Management of Hereditary Hemochromatosis.
Cabrera Elizabeth et al. JAMA 2022 11 (18) 1862-1863
- Association of Genetic Variant Linked to Hemochromatosis With Brain Magnetic Resonance Imaging Measures of Iron and Movement Disorders.
Loughnan Robert et al. JAMA neurology 2022 8
- Hereditary hemochromatosis and liver transplantation: a survey of symptoms, lifestyle, and physician counseling pre- and post-transplant.
Zaver Himesh B et al. Clinics and research in hepatology and gastroenterology 2022 101898
- [Increased use of genetic health care in Iceland 2012-2017].
Hognason Hakon Bjorn et al. Laeknabladid 2021 108(1) 11-16
- HFE hemochromatosis: an overview about therapeutic recommendations.
Cancado Rodolfo D et al. Hematology, transfusion and cell therapy 2021
- Hereditary Hemochromatosis: Rapid Evidence Review.
Kane Shawn F et al. American family physician 2021 104(3) 263-270
- HFE Genotype, Ferritin Levels and Transferrin Saturation in Patients with Suspected Hereditary Hemochromatosis.
Sandnes Miriam et al. Genes 2021 12(8)
- Tier 1 Guidelines on Family-Based Screening for Hereditary Hemochromatosis
D Dotson et al, CDC Blog Post, March 12, 2021
- A survey of lifestyle habits, physician counseling, and direct-to consumer genetic testing in patients with hereditary hemochromatosis.
Koop Andree H et al. Clinics and research in hepatology and gastroenterology 2021 101658
- Clinical Penetrance of Hereditary Hemochromatosis-Related End-Organ Damage of C282Y Homozygosity, A Newfoundland Experience.
Lim Dennis R et al. Clinical and translational gastroenterology 2020 Nov 11(11) e00258
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
- CDC Information (7)
- NIH Information (7)
- COVID-19 (2)
- CDC Publications (1)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (574)
- GWAS Studies (5)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (34)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (7)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (4)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (3)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (2)
- Reviews/Commentaries (29)
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.