- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Feb 26, 2020
- Diagnosis and management of hereditary haemochromatosis.
Murphree Catherine R et al. Vox sanguinis 2020 Feb
- Hereditary Hemochromatosis: Are We Ready for Population Screening?
CDC Seminar, January 15, 2019
- Diagnosis and Management of Genetic Iron Overload Disorders.
Palmer William C et al. Journal of general internal medicine 2018 33(12) 2230-2236
- Correction: ACG Clinical Guideline: Hereditary Hemochromatosis.
Kowdley Kris V et al. The American journal of gastroenterology 2019 Nov
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Genetic HFE -Hemochromatosis: The Danish Aspect.
Milman Nils Thorm et al. Gastroenterology research 2019 Oct 12(5) 221-232
- Genetic Causes of Liver Disease: When to Suspect a Genetic Etiology, Initial Lab Testing, and the Basics of Management.
Schonfeld Emily A et al. The Medical clinics of North America 2019 Nov 103(6) 991-1003
- Cardiac iron overload following liver transplantation in patients without hereditary hemochromatosis or severe hepatic iron deposition.
Papadodima Stavroula et al. Cardiovascular pathology : the official journal of the Society for Cardiovascular Pathology 407-11
- Rates of Actionable Genetic Findings in Individuals with Colorectal Cancer or Polyps Ascertained from a Community Medical Setting.
Gordon Adam S, et al. American journal of human genetics 2019 9 0. (3) 526-533
- ACG Clinical Guideline: Hereditary Hemochromatosis.
Kowdley Kris V et al. The American journal of gastroenterology 2019 Jul
- Iron Overload in an HFE Heterozygous Carrier: A Case Report and Literature Review.
Turbiville Donald et al. Laboratory medicine 2019 Apr 50(2) 212-217
- John's story - living with hereditary haemochromatosis.
Graham Julia Vivien et al. Rural and remote health 2019 May 19(2) 4844
- Ironing out unmet need in genetic haemochromatosis.
The Lancet Gastroenterology Hepatology et al. The lancet. Gastroenterology & hepatology 2019 4(1) 1
- Hemochromatosis: Hereditary hemochromatosis and HFE gene.
Katsarou Martha-Spyridoula et al. Vitamins and hormones 2019 110201-222
- Are you the one in 200 with haemochromatosis?
- Common genetic disorder found to cause serious disease and disability with age
National Institute on Aging, January 2019
- CDC Information (5)
- NIH Information (7)
- CDC Publications (4)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (979)
- GWAS Studies (12)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (30)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (7)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (6)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (2)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (2)
- Reviews/Commentaries (30)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.