Heart And Vascular Diseases
- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Feb 17, 2019
- An African-specific haplotype in MRGPRX4 is associated with menthol cigarette smoking.
Kozlitina Julia et al. PLoS genetics 2019 Feb 15(2) e1007916
- Ryans Story
The FH Foundation, February 14, 2019
- Advances in molecular diagnosis and therapeutics in nephrotic syndrome and focal and segmental glomerulosclerosis.
Sharif Bedra et al. Current opinion in nephrology and hypertension 2018 27(3) 194-200
- Awareness of Fabry disease in cardiology: A gap to be filled.
Brito Dulce et al. Revista portuguesa de cardiologia : orgao oficial da Sociedade Portuguesa de Cardiologia = Portuguese journal of cardiology : an official journal of the Portuguese Society of Cardiology 2018 37(6) 457-466
- Fabry disease: Review and experience during newborn screening.
Hsu Ting-Rong et al. Trends in cardiovascular medicine 2018 28(4) 274-281
- Genetic Aspects of Hereditary Arrhythmogenic Syndromes in Children and Adults.
Miranovic Vesna et al. Acta clinica Croatica 2017 Dec 56(4) 749-755
- Genetic Tools for Coronary Risk Assessment in Type 2 Diabetes: A Cohort Study From the ACCORD Clinical Trial.
Morieri Mario Luca et al. Diabetes care 2018 Nov 41(11) 2404-2413
- Marfan Syndrome and Loeys-Dietz Syndrome in Children: A Multidisciplinary Team Experience.
Manchola-Linero Alejandra et al. Revista espanola de cardiologia (English ed.) 2018 Jul 71(7) 585-587
- Possible roles of genetic variations in chemotherapy related cardiotoxicity in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia and osteosarcoma.
Sági Judit C et al. BMC cancer 2018 Jul 18(1) 704
- Screening of familial hypercholesterolemia among patients in age under 40 years old exposed by duplex scanning of carotid arteries, by the local registry data.
Gaisenok O V et al. Terapevticheskii arkhiv 2018 Sep 90(9) 37-41
- The Edinburgh CT and genetic diagnostic criteria for lobar intracerebral haemorrhage associated with cerebral amyloid angiopathy: model development and diagnostic test accuracy study.
Rodrigues Mark A et al. The Lancet. Neurology 2018 17(3) 232-240
- Towards precision medicine in ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack.
Lin Yi et al. Frontiers in bioscience (Landmark edition) 2018 231338-1359
- Using Pharmacogenetic Testing or Platelet Reactivity Testing to Tailor Antiplatelet Therapy: Are Asians different from Caucasians?
Su-Yin Doreen Tan et al. European cardiology 2018 Dec 13(2) 112-114
- IBM Watson Health and the Broad Institute Launch Initiative to Help Clinicians Predict the Risk of Cardiovascular Disease with Genomics and AI
PRNewswire, February 13, 2019
- Sanofi and Regeneron lower list price for PCSK9 inhibitor
The FH Foundation, February 2019
- Telomere length and cardiovascular disease risk.
Zhan Yiqiang et al. Current opinion in cardiology 2019 Feb
- Actions in Support of Newborn Screening for Critical Congenital Heart Disease - United States, 2011-2018.
Glidewell Jill et al. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report 2019 Feb 68(5) 107-111
- Adults with familial hypercholesterolaemia have healthier dietary and lifestyle habits compared with their non-affected relatives: the SAFEHEART study.
Arroyo-Olivares Raquel et al. Public health nutrition 2019 Feb 1-11
- Association Between ABCB1 Polymorphisms and Outcomes of Clopidogrel Treatment in Patients With Minor Stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack- Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Clinical Trial
Y Pan et al, JAMA Neurology, February 11, 2019
- Effect of lipid-lowering treatment in cardiovascular disease prevalence in familial hypercholesterolemia
S Perez-Calahorra et al., Atherosclerosis, February 2019
- CDC Information (86)
- NIH Information (203)
- CDC Genomics Publications (36)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (91)
- Epidemiologic Studies (27027)
- GWAS Studies (564)
- Translation/Implementation Studies (861)
- Evidence Synthesis (129)
- Guidelines (73)
- Tier Table (13)
- Reviews/Commentaries (840)
- Tools/Methods (29)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (11)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Feb 18, 2019
- Content source: