Heart And Vascular Diseases
- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Aug 19, 2019
- Cholesterol: Fact or Fiction?
Test your cholesterol smarts with this quiz. CDC, 2019
- Find Familial Hypercholesterolemia Early
CDC Visual Abstract for the General Public, August 2019
- Beyond the One Gene-One Disease Paradigm: Complex Genetics and Pleiotropy in Inheritable Cardiac Disorders
Cerrone Marina et al. Circulation 2019 08 (7) 595-610
- Positive Topline Results from Phase 3 Trial of Evinacumab in Patients with Severe, Inherited Form of High Cholesterol
Regeneron, August 14, 2019
- Development of a Novel Risk Prediction Model for Sudden Cardiac Death in Childhood Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM Risk-Kids).
Norrish Gabrielle et al. JAMA cardiology 2019 Aug
- Genetic counseling may improve outcomes in inherited CVD
B Murray, Healio Cardiology Today, August 12, 2019
- Risk Prediction Model in Children With Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: A Work in Progress.
Bonow Robert O et al. JAMA cardiology 2019 Aug
- Twitter Helps Raise Awareness of Familial Hypercholesterolemia
A Sheldon, The FH Foundation, August 13, 2019
- Screening and management of familial hypercholesterolemia.
Santos Raul D et al. Current opinion in cardiology 2019 Sep (5) 526-530
- Assessing the barriers to cardiac care in carriers of Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy.
Eekhoff Lauren et al. Journal of genetic counseling 2019 Aug
- Comparison of CYP3A5*3 genotyping assays for personalizing immunosuppressive therapy in heart transplant patients
Uno Takaya et al. International journal of clinical pharmacology and therapeutics 2019 Jun 57(6) 315-322
- Identification of microRNA biomarkers in atrial fibrillation: A protocol for systematic review and bioinformatics analysis.
Shen Nan-Nan et al. Medicine 2019 Jul 98(30) e16538
- Inherited Cardiac Arrhythmias and Channelopathies.
Kline Jessica et al. The Medical clinics of North America 2019 Sep 103(5) 809-820
- Sleep and Memory: The Promise of Precision Medicine.
Carter Patricia et al. Sleep medicine clinics 2019 Sep 14(3) 371-378
- A genome-first approach to aggregating rare genetic variants in LMNA for association with electronic health record phenotypes.
Park Joseph et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2019 Aug
- An artificial intelligence-enabled ECG algorithm for the identification of patients with atrial fibrillation during sinus rhythm: a retrospective analysis of outcome prediction.
Attia Zachi I et al. Lancet (London, England) 2019 Aug
- Classification and Assessment of the Patelar Reflex Response through Biomechanical Measures.
Salazar-Muñoz Yolocuauhtli et al. Journal of healthcare engineering 2019 20191614963
- Data-driven assessment of cardiovascular ageing through multisite photoplethysmography and electrocardiography.
Chiarelli Antonio M et al. Medical engineering & physics 2019 Jul
- Evaluation and Identification of the Neuroprotective Compounds of Xiaoxuming Decoction by Machine Learning: A Novel Mode to Explore the Combination Rules in Traditional Chinese Medicine Prescription.
Yang Shilun et al. BioMed research international 2019 20196847685
- Evaluation of Early Gadolinium Enhancement (EGE) and Cardiac Functional Parameters in Cine-Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) on Artificial Intelligence in Patients with Acute Myocarditis: A Case-Controlled Observational Study.
Yuan Wei-Feng et al. Medical science monitor : international medical journal of experimental and clinical research 2019 Jul 255493-5500
- CDC Information (84)
- NIH Information (203)
- CDC Publications (43)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (28511)
- GWAS Studies (603)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (1165)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (208)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (96)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (40)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (147)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (48)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (97)
- Reviews/Commentaries (1021)
- Tools/Methods (34)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (13)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Jul 30, 2019
- Page last updated:Aug 22, 2019
- Content source: