Last Posted: Jun 02, 2023
- Summary for Patients: Population Genomic Screening for Three Common Hereditary Conditions.
et al. Ann Intern Med 2023 5 (5) I19
- To Prevent Heart Attacks, Doctors Try a New Genetic Test
G Kolata, NY Times, May 30, 2023
- Risk prediction of heart failure in patients with ischemic heart disease using network analytics and stacking ensemble learning.
Dejia Zhou et al. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 2023 23(1) 99
- Coronary Artery Calcium Score and Polygenic Risk Score for the Prediction of Coronary Heart Disease Events
SS Khan et al, JAMA Network Open, May 23, 2023
- Using machine learning algorithms to identify chronic heart disease: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2011-2018.
Xiaofei Chen et al. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 2023
- Link Between Long Telomeres and Long Life Is a Tall Tale, Study Finds
G Kolata, NY Times, May 4, 2023
- Cardiovascular Disease Risk Assessment Using Traditional Risk Factors and Polygenic Risk Scores in the Million Veteran Program.
Jason L Vassy et al. JAMA Cardiol 2023 5
- Spotlight on the 2022 ESC guideline management of ventricular arrhythmias and prevention of sudden cardiac death: 10 novel key aspects.
Hilke Könemann et al. Europace 2023
- Cost-effectiveness and Return on Investment of a Nationwide Case-Finding Program for Familial Hypercholesterolemia in Children in the Netherlands.
Zanfina Ademi et al. JAMA Pediatr 2023
- Artificial neural network machine learning prediction of the smoking behavior and health risks perception of Indonesian health professionals.
Desy Nuryunarsih et al. Environ Anal Health Toxicol 2023 38(1) e2023003-0
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Feb 1, 2023
- Page last updated:Jun 06, 2023
- Content source: