Coronary Heart Disease
- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Feb 20, 2020
- Predictive Accuracy of a Polygenic Risk Score Compared With a Clinical Risk Score for Incident Coronary Heart Disease.
Mosley Jonathan D et al. JAMA 2020 Feb 323(7) 627-635
- Reducing cardiovascular risk in patients with familial hypercholesterolemia: Risk prediction and lipid management.
Miname Marcio H et al. Progress in cardiovascular diseases 62(5) 414-422
- A Real-World Experience of Clinical, Biochemical and Genetic Assessment of Patients with Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia.
Di Taranto Maria Donata et al. Journal of clinical medicine 2020 Jan 9(1)
- Genetic Profiling of Breast Cancer with and Without Preexisting Metabolic Disease.
Jing Wenjiang et al. Translational oncology 2019 Dec 13(2) 245-253
- Pharmacogenomics And Hypertension: Current Insights.
Oliveira-Paula Gustavo H et al. Pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine 2019 12341-359
- Screening for atherosclerosis among low risk individuals with family history of coronary heart disease.
Daly Ryan et al. Journal of cardiovascular computed tomography 2019 Sep
- Biological age in UK Biobank: biomarker composition and prediction of mortality, coronary heart disease and hospital admissions
MS Chan et al, MedrxIV, December 15, 2019
- Risk prediction of future cardiac arrest by evaluation of a genetic risk score alone and in combination with traditional risk factors.
Ohlsson Marcus Andreas et al. Resuscitation 2019 Nov
- Causal relationships between obesity and the leading causes of death in women and men.
Censin Jenny C et al. PLoS genetics 2019 Oct 15(10) e1008405
- Cascade screening for familial hypercholesterolemia-identification of the C308Y mutation in multiple family members and relatives for the first time in mainland China.
Jin Weirong et al. BMC medical genetics 2019 Nov 20(1) 173
- Familial hypercholesterolaemia patient support groups and advocacy: A multinational perspective.
Payne Jules et al. Atherosclerosis 2018 277377-382
- Oligogenic familial hypercholesterolemia, LDL cholesterol, and coronary artery disease.
Tada Hayato et al. Journal of clinical lipidology 12(6) 1436-1444
- 2017 Focused Update of the 2016�ACC�Expert Consensus Decision Pathway on the Role of Non-Statin Therapies for LDL-Cholesterol Lowering in�the Management of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease Risk: A Report of the American College of Cardiology Task Force on Expert Consensus Decision Pathways.
Lloyd-Jones Donald M et al. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2017 Oct 70(14) 1785-1822
- A Genotype-Guided Strategy for Oral P2Y 12 Inhibitors in Primary PCI.
Claassens Daniel M F et al. The New England journal of medicine 2019 Sep
- Association of Daytime and Nighttime Blood Pressure With Cardiovascular Disease Events Among African American Individuals.
Yano Yuichiro et al. JAMA cardiology 2019 Aug
- NIH Information (23)
- CDC Publications (3)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (4515)
- GWAS Studies (98)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (160)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (29)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (14)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (5)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (10)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (1)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (5)
- Reviews/Commentaries (87)
- Tools/Methods (4)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (1)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.