Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Apr 18, 2019
- Precision health: treating the individual patient with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Obeidat Ma'en et al. The Medical journal of Australia 2019 Apr
- Identifying Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Based on Computed Tomography Evidence of Emphysema.
Miskoff Jeffrey A et al. Cureus 2019 Jan 11(1) e3971
- Real-world use of rescue inhaler sensors, electronic symptom questionnaires and physical activity monitors in COPD.
Bowler Russell et al. BMJ open respiratory research 2019 6(1) e000350
- Identification of biomarkers and genetic approaches toward chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Wadhwa Ridhima et al. Journal of cellular physiology 2019 Mar
- Pharmacogenomics of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Hersh Craig P et al. Expert review of respiratory medicine 2019 Mar
- Applications of CRISPR systems in respiratory health: Entering a new 'red pen' era in genome editing.
Moses Colette et al. Respirology (Carlton, Vic.) 2019 Mar
- New genetic signals for lung function highlight pathways and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease associations across multiple ancestries.
Shrine Nick, et al. Nature genetics 2019 0 0. (3) 481-493
- Genetic landscape of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease identifies heterogeneous cell-type and phenotype associations.
Sakornsakolpat Phuwanat, et al. Nature genetics 2019 0 0. (3) 494-505
- Genetic profiling for disease stratification in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma.
Rathnayake Senani N H et al. Current opinion in pulmonary medicine 2019 Feb
- Introduction to Precision Medicine in COPD.
Leung Janice M et al. The European respiratory journal 2019 Jan
- Current Status and Future Opportunities in Lung Precision Medicine Research with a Focus on Biomarkers. An American Thoracic Society/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Research Statement.
Wu Ann Chen et al. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine 2018 Dec 198(12) e116-e136
- Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients: is systematic screening necessary?
da Costa Cláudia Henrique et al. BMC research notes 2019 Jan 12(1) 10
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Lung Cancer: Underlying Pathophysiology and New Therapeutic Modalities.
Eapen Mathew Suji et al. Drugs 2018 Nov 78(16) 1717-1740
- Genetic risk factors for the development of pulmonary disease identified by genome-wide association.
Hall Robert et al. Respirology (Carlton, Vic.) 2018 Nov
- A Novel Approach to Screening for Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency: Inpatient Testing at a Teaching Institution.
Tasch James J et al. Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (Miami, Fla.) 2018 Apr 5(2) 106-110
- CDC Information (5)
- NIH Information (8)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (1248)
- GWAS Studies (39)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (16)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (1)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- Genomic Tests Tier Table (1)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (10)
- Reviews/Commentaries (37)
- Tools/Methods (1)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Apr 21, 2019
- Content source: