Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Jan 31, 2019
- Introduction to Precision Medicine in COPD.
Leung Janice M et al. The European respiratory journal 2019 Jan
- Current Status and Future Opportunities in Lung Precision Medicine Research with a Focus on Biomarkers. An American Thoracic Society/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Research Statement.
Wu Ann Chen et al. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine 2018 Dec 198(12) e116-e136
- Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients: is systematic screening necessary?
da Costa Cláudia Henrique et al. BMC research notes 2019 Jan 12(1) 10
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Lung Cancer: Underlying Pathophysiology and New Therapeutic Modalities.
Eapen Mathew Suji et al. Drugs 2018 Nov 78(16) 1717-1740
- Genetic risk factors for the development of pulmonary disease identified by genome-wide association.
Hall Robert et al. Respirology (Carlton, Vic.) 2018 Nov
- A Novel Approach to Screening for Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency: Inpatient Testing at a Teaching Institution.
Tasch James J et al. Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (Miami, Fla.) 2018 Apr 5(2) 106-110
- Long read technologies the next frontier of clinical genome sequencing?
E Johnson, PHG Foundation, October 29, 2018
- Precision medicine in COPD: where are we and where do we need to go?
Sidhaye Venkataramana K et al. European respiratory review : an official journal of the European Respiratory Society 2018 Sep 27(149)
- PIK3CA mutation as a distinctive genetic feature of non-small cell lung cancer with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A comprehensive mutational analysis from a multi-institutional cohort.
Sawa Kenji et al. Lung cancer (Amsterdam, Netherlands) 2017 Oct 11296-101
- Advances in managing COPD related to α 1 -antitrypsin deficiency, an under-recognized genetic disorder.
Craig Timothy J et al. Allergy 2018 Jul
- Alpha-1-Antitrypsin Deficiency: Disease Management and Learning from Studies.
Greulich Timm et al. COPD 2017 Mar 14(sup1) S8-S11
- Long-term clinical outcomes following treatment with alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor for COPD associated with alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency: a look at the evidence.
Rahaghi Franck F et al. Respiratory research 2017 May 18(1) 105
- Clinical and molecular markers in COPD.
Gonçalves I et al. Pulmonology 2018 Jun
- Personalized medicine for chronic, complex diseases: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease as an example.
Radder Josiah E et al. Personalized medicine 2014 Sep 11(7) 669-679
- Living With COPD
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Feb 20, 2019
- Content source: