Last Posted: May 16, 2023
- Health-related quality of life among thalassemia patients in Bangladesh using the SF-36 questionnaire.
Md Jubayer Hossain et al. Sci Rep 2023 13(1) 7734
- Outcome of premarital genetic counseling for couples at risk of hemoglobinopathies in Kingdom of Bahrain.
Samya Bahram et al. J Med Screen 2023 9691413231169820
- α- and β-Globin Gene Mutations in Individuals with Hemoglobinopathies in the Chattogram and Sylhet Regions of Bangladesh.
Tamanna Kabir et al. Hemoglobin 2023 1-8
- Gene Therapy and Gene Editing for β-Thalassemia.
Georgios E Christakopoulos et al. Hematology/oncology clinics of North America 2023 37(2) 433-447
- How gene therapy is emerging from its 'dark age'.
Gemma Conroy et al. Nature 2022 12 (7940) S24-S26
- CRISPR infusion eliminates swelling in those with rare genetic disease
J Kaiser, Science, September, 2022
- Treatment of Genetic Diseases With CRISPR Genome Editing
MJ Kan et al, JAMA, September 13, 2022
- Cohort-based association study of germline genetic variants with acute and chronic health complications of childhood cancer and its treatment: Genetic Risks for Childhood Cancer Complications Switzerland (GECCOS) study protocol.
Waespe Nicolas et al. BMJ open 2022 12(1) e052131
- Prospective Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease and Other Inherited Blood Disorders in Central Malawi.
Tegha Gerald et al. International journal of public health 2021 66629338
- Hemoglobin Disorders Among Anemic Patients: a Cross-Sectional Study from Jeddah City, Western Saudi Arabia.
Alzahrani Majed et al. Clinical laboratory 2020 Dec 66(12)
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Feb 1, 2023
- Page last updated:Jun 07, 2023
- Content source: