Last Posted: Aug 25, 2022
- Internalizing Symptoms in Adolescents With Sickle Cell Disease.
Heitzer Andrew M et al. Journal of pediatric psychology 2022
- Sickle cell disease prevention: How prepared are the senior secondary school students in Surulere Local Government Area, Lagos, Nigeria?
Kanma-Okafor Oluchi J et al. African journal of primary health care & family medicine 2022 14(1) e1-e7
- Thalassemia screening: Low level of knowledge among unmarried youths in Kota Bharu, Kelantan, Malaysia.
Mohd Nor Muhammad Akmal et al. Malaysian family physician : the official journal of the Academy of Family Physicians of Malaysia 2022 17(1) 57-65
- Attitudes and practices of unmarried adults towards sickle cell disease: emergent factors from a cross sectional study in Nigeria's capital.
Adigwe Obi Peter et al. Hematology (Amsterdam, Netherlands) 2022 27(1) 488-493
- Process and strategies for patient engagement and outreach in the Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) community to promote clinical trial participation.
Byrnes C et al. Journal of the National Medical Association 2022
- Peripheral health workers' knowledge and experience related to sickle cell disease: an in-depth interview study in six tribal-dominated districts of India.
Babu Bontha V et al. Journal of community genetics 2022
- Treatment decision-making in sickle cell disease patients.
Booth A et al. Journal of community genetics 2021
- Toward a Conversational Agent to Support the Self-Management of Adults and Young Adults With Sickle Cell Disease: Usability and Usefulness Study.
Issom David-Zacharie et al. Frontiers in digital health 2021 3600333
- Improving Outcomes for Patients With Sickle Cell Disease in the United States
Making the Case for More Resources, Surveillance, and Longitudinal Data
J Kanter et al, JAMA Health Forum, October 29,2021
- On That Edge of Fear’: One Woman’s Struggle With Sickle Cell Pain
J Eligon, NY Times, May 30, 2021
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
- NIH Information (3)
- COVID-19 (2)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (21)
- GWAS Studies (1)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (20)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (3)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (2)
- Reviews/Commentaries (19)
- Tools/Methods (1)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (1)
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.