Last Posted: Mar 16, 2023
- Hydroxyurea for Children with Sickle Cell Disease in sub-Saharan Africa: A Summary of the Evidence, Opportunities, and Challenges.
Daniel Dexter et al. Pharmacotherapy 2023
- A Framework for a Health Economic Evaluation Model for Patients with Sickle Cell Disease to Estimate the Value of New Treatments in the United States of America.
Aaron Winn et al. PharmacoEconomics - open 2023
- A non-invasive machine learning mechanism for early disease recognition on Twitter: The case of anemia.
Sarsam Samer Muthana et al. Artificial intelligence in medicine 2022 134102428
- Sickle cell disease among Latinx in California.
Valle Jhaqueline et al. PloS one 2022 17(10) e0276653
- Surveillance for Sickle Cell Disease - Sickle Cell Data Collection Program, Two States, 2004-2018.
Snyder Angela B et al. Morbidity and mortality weekly report. Surveillance summaries (Washington, D.C. : 2002) 2022 71(9) 1-18
- Internalizing Symptoms in Adolescents With Sickle Cell Disease.
Heitzer Andrew M et al. Journal of pediatric psychology 2022
- Sickle cell disease prevention: How prepared are the senior secondary school students in Surulere Local Government Area, Lagos, Nigeria?
Kanma-Okafor Oluchi J et al. African journal of primary health care & family medicine 2022 14(1) e1-e7
- Thalassemia screening: Low level of knowledge among unmarried youths in Kota Bharu, Kelantan, Malaysia.
Mohd Nor Muhammad Akmal et al. Malaysian family physician : the official journal of the Academy of Family Physicians of Malaysia 2022 17(1) 57-65
- Attitudes and practices of unmarried adults towards sickle cell disease: emergent factors from a cross sectional study in Nigeria's capital.
Adigwe Obi Peter et al. Hematology (Amsterdam, Netherlands) 2022 27(1) 488-493
- Process and strategies for patient engagement and outreach in the Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) community to promote clinical trial participation.
Byrnes C et al. Journal of the National Medical Association 2022
HLBS-PopOmics is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to Heart and Vascular Diseases(H), Lung Diseases(L), Blood Diseases(B), and Sleep Disorders(S)...more
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Feb 1, 2023
- Page last updated:Mar 30, 2023
- Content source: