- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Jun 25, 2020
- Hydroxyurea Dose Escalation for Sickle Cell Anemia in Sub-Saharan Africa
CC John et al, NEJM, June 25, 2020
- Automated screening of sickle cells using a smartphone-based microscope and deep learning
K de Haan et al, NPJ Digital Health, May 22, 2020
- Development of the InCharge Health Mobile App to Improve Adherence to Hydroxyurea in Patients With Sickle Cell Disease: User-Centered Design Approach
NM ALberts et al, JMIR mHealth, May 2020
- A Genetic Test For A Microscopic Problem Came With A Jumbo Price Tag
L Szabo, NPR, March 31, 2020
- Diagnosis and management of hereditary haemochromatosis.
Murphree Catherine R et al. Vox sanguinis 2020 Feb
- Students' knowledge on sickle cell disease in Kisangani, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Kambale-Kombi Paul et al. Hematology (Amsterdam, Netherlands) 2020 Dec 25(1) 91-94
- Recent highlights and advances in cardiac gene therapy.
Oh Jae Gyun et al. Discovery medicine 28(155) 229-235
- A method for noninvasive prenatal diagnosis of monogenic autosomal recessive disorders.
Cutts Anthony et al. Blood 2019 134(14) 1190-1193
- Investigating the suitability of high-resolution mass spectrometry for newborn screening: identification of hemoglobinopathies and β-thalassemias in dried blood spots.
Wiesinger Thomas et al. Clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine 2020 Feb
- Living with Hereditary Haemorrhagic Telangiectasia: stigma, coping with unpredictable symptoms, and self-advocacy.
Sexton Adrienne et al. Psychology & health 2019 34(10) 1141-1160
- Understanding sickle cell disease: impact of surveillance and gaps in knowledge.
Kaur Mandip et al. Blood advances 2020 Feb 4(3) 496-498
- Investigational Hemophilia A Gene Therapy Shows Sustained Benefit
J Abbasi, JAMA, February 11, 2020
- Application of Machine Learning Models to Evaluate Hypoglycemia Risk in Type 2 Diabetes.
Mueller Luke et al. Diabetes therapy : research, treatment and education of diabetes and related disorders 2020 Feb
- Ghana takes on sickle-cell disease.
Adepoju Paul et al. Lancet (London, England) 2020 395(10222) 402
Makani Julie et al. The Lancet. Haematology 2020 Feb (2) e98-e99
- Patient Management Assisted by a Neural Network Reduces Mortality in an Intermediate Care Unit.
Heili-Frades Sarah et al. Archivos de bronconeumologia 2020 Jan
- ACOG Committee Opinion No. 771: Umbilical Cord Blood Banking.
et al. Obstetrics and gynecology 2019 133(3) e249-e253
- Effect of Health Education Programme on the Knowledge of and Attitude about Sickle Cell Anaemia among Male Secondary School Students in the Jazan Region of Saudi Arabia: Health Policy Implications.
Kotb Mohammed Mahmoud et al. BioMed research international 2019 20199653092
- Gender influences on the health of adolescents with sickle cell disease.
Barton-Gooden A et al. Psychology, health & medicine 2019 24(4) 470-480
- Gene Editing in Chronic Granulomatous Disease.
Sweeney Colin L et al. Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) 2019 1982623-665
- CDC Information (61)
- NIH Information (104)
- CDC Publications (42)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (6077)
- GWAS Studies (90)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (524)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (74)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (55)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (25)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (12)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (51)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (31)
- Reviews/Commentaries (456)
- Tools/Methods (10)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (21)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.