- HLBS-PopOmics -
Last Posted: Sep 20, 2019
- Sickle cell drug raises hopes and doubts
M Wadman, Science, September 20, 2019
- Caregivers and Sickle Cell Disease
CDC, September 2019
- Transfusion Complications Monitoring
- First gene therapy for β-thalassemia approved
C Harrison, Nature Biotechnology, September 9, 2019
- Successful engraftment of gene-corrected hematopoietic stem cells in non-conditioned patients with Fanconi anemia
P Rio et al, Nature Medicine, September 9, 2019
- Randomized clinical trial of computerized PAINRelieveIt® for patients with sickle cell disease: PAINReportIt® and PAINUCope®.
Dyal Brenda W et al. Patient education and counseling 2019 Aug
- The epidemiology of sickle cell disease in children recruited in infancy in Kilifi, Kenya: a prospective cohort study.
Uyoga Sophie et al. The Lancet. Global health 2019 Aug
- Correlates of successful transition in young adults with sickle cell disease.
Darbari Isha et al. Pediatric blood & cancer 2019 Aug e27939
- Is BRCA mutational status a predictor of platinum-based chemotherapy related hematologic toxicity in high-grade serous ovarian cancer patients?
Tomao Federica et al. Gynecologic oncology 2019 154(1) 138-143
- [Genetic screening in early diagnosis of neonatal WAS gene-related disorders].
Liu X et al. Zhonghua er ke za zhi = Chinese journal of pediatrics 2019 Jun 57(6) 429-433
- Current Knowledge and Priorities for Future Research in Late Effects after Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Inherited Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes: Consensus Statement from the Second Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium International Conference on Late Effects after Pediatric Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation.
Dietz Andrew C et al. Biology of blood and marrow transplantation : journal of the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation 2017 May 23(5) 726-735
- Multicenter Evaluation of HemoTypeSC as a Point-of-Care Sickle Cell Disease Rapid Diagnostic Test for Newborns and Adults Across India.
Mukherjee Malay B et al. American journal of clinical pathology 2019 Aug
- Quantitative prediction of erythrocyte sickling for the development of advanced sickle cell therapies
L Lu et al, Science Advances, August 21, 2019
- Emerging non-genetic therapies for sickle cell disease.
Carden Marcus A et al. Haematologica 2019 Aug
- The Experience and Health-Related Quality of Life after Haploidentical Stem Cell Transplantation for Adults with Sickle Cell Disease.
Hastings Brooklyn et al. Western journal of nursing research 2019 Aug 193945919870828
- NHLBI's 2019 Annual Sickle Cell Disease Research Meeting
NHLBI, August 26-28, 2019
- [Analysis of Genetic Screening in Couples of Reproductive Age for Thalassemia in Lingshui Li Autonomous County of Hainan Province].
Tu Zhi-Hua et al. Zhongguo shi yan xue ye xue za zhi 2019 Aug 27(4) 1227-1231
- Rates of Actionable Genetic Findings in Individuals with Colorectal Cancer or Polyps Ascertained from a Community Medical Setting.
Gordon Adam S et al. American journal of human genetics 2019 Aug
- CRISPR enters its first human clinical trials- The gene editor targets cancer, blood disorders and blindness
T Hesman, Science News, August 14, 2019
- Off to College Toolkit
Hemophilia Federation of America, 2019
- CDC Information (57)
- NIH Information (102)
- CDC Publications (61)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (5980)
- GWAS Studies (86)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (440)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (73)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (38)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (25)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (5)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (51)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (31)
- Reviews/Commentaries (369)
- Tools/Methods (10)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (16)
Quick Links to Other Resources
Common HLBS Health Categories
Mensah GA, Yu W, Barfield WL, Clyne M, Engelgau MM, Khoury MJ. HLBS-PopOmics: an online knowledge base to accelerate dissemination and implementation of research advances in population genomics to reduce the burden of heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders. Genet Med. 2018 Sep 10. doi: 10.1038/s41436-018-0118-1
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Jul 30, 2019
- Page last updated:Sep 22, 2019
- Content source: