Type 1 Diabetes
Last Posted: Jan 27, 2023
- Loci for insulin processing and secretion provide insight into type 2 diabetes risk.
K Alaine Broadaway et al. American journal of human genetics 2023 1
- Genetic predictors of lifelong medication-use patterns in cardiometabolic diseases.
Kiiskinen Tuomo et al. Nature medicine 2023 1
- Identification of serum metabolome signatures associated with retinal and renal complications of type 2 diabetes.
Tomofuji Yoshihiko et al. Communications medicine 2023 1 (1) 5
- Pharmacogenomics of GLP-1 receptor agonists: a genome-wide analysis of observational data and large randomised controlled trials.
Dawed Adem Y et al. The lancet. Diabetes & endocrinology 2022 12 (1) 33-41
- DNA Methylation Implicated in Human Obesity and Diabetes
ME Tucker, Medscape, November 2022
- Broad-capture proteomics and machine learning for early detection of type 2 diabetes risk
Nature Medicine, November 10, 2022
- NIH-funded study finds personalized kidney screening for people with type 1 diabetes could reduce costs, detect disease earlier
NIH, November 2, 2022
- Type 2 Diabetes
E Ahmad et al, The Lancet, November 2022
- A combined polygenic score of 21,293 rare and 22 common variants improves diabetes diagnosis based on hemoglobin A1C levels
P Dornbos et al, Nature Genetics, October 24, 2022
- Maturity-Onset Diabetes of the Young: Mutations, Physiological Consequences, and Treatment Options
H Younis et al, J Per Med, October 25, 2022
Diabetes PHGKB is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC and NIH resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic and other precision health discoveries into improved health care and prevention related to diabetes...more
- CDC Information (8)
- NIH Information (5)
- COVID-19 (102)
- CDC Publications (7)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (7739)
- GWAS Studies (320)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (304)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (22)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (5)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (1)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (124)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (13)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (1)
- Reviews/Commentaries (178)
- Tools/Methods (8)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (5)
Common Diabetes Related Topics
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.