Last Posted: Aug 15, 2017
- Real-time PCR followed by high-resolution melting curve analysis: A rapid and pragmatic approach for screening of multidrug-resistant extrapulmonary tuberculosis.
Sharma Kusum et al. Tuberculosis (Edinburgh, Scotland) 2017 Sep 56-61
- CDC Announces New Center to Strengthen U.S. Tuberculosis Surveillance and Infrastructure
- Impact of Larger Sputum Volume on Xpert(®) MTB/RIF Assay Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Smear-Negative Individuals with Suspected Tuberculosis.
Badal-Faesen Sharlaa et al. Journal of clinical medicine 2017 Aug 6(8)
Predicting TB's Behavior
Can new molecular tests beat standard lab cultures in predicting TB outcome?
Harvard Medical School, August 3, 2017
- Solid Organ Transplant-Transmitted Tuberculosis Linked to a Community Outbreak - California, 2015.
Kay Alexander et al. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report 2017 Aug (30) 801-805
- Comparative genomic analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Beijing-like strains revealed specific genetic variations associated with virulence and drug resistance.
Rodríguez-Castillo Juan Germán et al. Infection, genetics and evolution : journal of molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases 2017 Jul 314-323
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Jul 1, 2017
- Page last updated:Aug 18, 2017
- Content source: