Last Posted: Jun 18, 2021
- Cascade screening for beta-thalassemia in Pakistan: development, feasibility and acceptability of a decision support intervention for relatives.
Ahmed Shenaz et al. European journal of human genetics : EJHG 2021
- Diagnosis of Sickle Cell Disease and HBB Haplotyping in the Era of Personalized Medicine: Role of Next Generation Sequencing.
Adekile Adekunle et al. Journal of personalized medicine 2021 11(6)
- Results from 8 years of the proficiency testing program for diagnosis of hemoglobinopathies under the prevention and control program of thalassemia in Thailand.
Pansuwan Anupong et al. International journal of laboratory hematology 2021
- Clinical validity and utility of preconception expanded carrier screening for the management of reproductive genetic risk in IVF and general population.
Capalbo A et al. Human reproduction (Oxford, England) 2021
- Engaging Caregivers and Providers of Children With Sickle Cell Anemia in Shared Decision Making for Hydroxyurea: Protocol for a Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial.
Hood Anna M et al. JMIR research protocols 2021 10(5) e27650
- Selecting β-thalassemia Patients for Gene Therapy: A Decision-making Algorithm.
Baronciani Donatella et al. HemaSphere 2021 5(5) e555
- Effect of Poloxamer 188 vs Placebo on Painful Vaso-Occlusive Episodes in Children and Adults With Sickle Cell Disease: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
Casella James F et al. JAMA 2021 325(15) 1513-1523
- [Progress in Gene Therapy of Sickle Cell Disease Based on Hemoglobin F--Review].
Liang Hao et al. Zhongguo shi yan xue ye xue za zhi 2021 29(2) 643-647
- Professionally responsible management of the ethical and social challenges of antenatal screening and diagnosis of β-thalassemia in a high-risk population.
Corda Valentina et al. Journal of perinatal medicine 2021
- Noninvasive prenatal testing for β-thalassemia by targeted nanopore sequencing combined with relative haplotype dosage (RHDO): a feasibility study.
Jiang Fuman et al. Scientific reports 2021 11(1) 5714
- Gene Therapy for Monogenic Inherited Disorders.
Kirschner Janbernd et al. Deutsches Arzteblatt international 2021 117(51-52) 878-885
Taher Ali T et al. The New England journal of medicine 2021 2 (8) 727-743
- Epidemiology of thalassemia among the hill tribe population in Thailand.
Apidechkul Tawatchai et al. PloS one 2021 16(2) e0246736
- Noninvasive prenatal testing of α-thalassemia and β-thalassemia through population-based parental haplotyping.
Chen Chao et al. Genome medicine 2021 Feb 13(1) 18
- A systematic review of quality of life in sickle cell disease and thalassemia after stem cell transplant or gene therapy.
Badawy Sherif M et al. Blood advances 2021 Jan 5(2) 570-583
- Frequency and types of haemoglobinopathies in children with microcytic anaemia.
Khan Sabeen Abid et al. JPMA. The Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association 2021 Jan 71(1(A)) 78-80
- Gene therapy for hemoglobinopathies.
Tanhehco Yvette C et al. Transfusion and apheresis science : official journal of the World Apheresis Association : official journal of the European Society for Haemapheresis 2021 Jan 103061
- The Prevention of Thalassemia Revisited: A Historical and Ethical Perspective by the Thalassemia International Federation.
Angastiniotis Michael et al. Hemoglobin 2021 Jan 1-13
- Early genetic screening uncovered a high prevalence of thalassemia among 18,309 neonates in Guizhou, China.
Tan Mei et al. Clinical genetics 2021 Jan
- Hemoglobin Disorders Among Anemic Patients: a Cross-Sectional Study from Jeddah City, Western Saudi Arabia.
Alzahrani Majed et al. Clinical laboratory 2020 Dec 66(12)
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (8)
- NIH Information (9)
- CDC Publications (0)
- COVID-19 (34)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (489)
- GWAS Studies (5)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (129)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (8)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (4)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (3)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (0)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (0)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (4)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (4)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.