Last Posted: Nov 14, 2019
- Laboratory screening and diagnosis of open neural tube defects, 2019 revision: a technical standard of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG).
Palomaki Glenn E et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2019 Nov
- Real Stories: Living with Spina Bifida
- Study reveals elevated cancer risk in children with birth defects,
EurekAlert, June 25, 2019
- An Adaptive Mobile Health System to Support Self-Management for Persons With Chronic Conditions and Disabilities: Usability and Feasibility Studies.
Setiawan I Made Agus et al. JMIR formative research 2019 Apr 3(2) e12982
- Basics to Fundamentals on Spina Bifida: Resources for the Practicing Primary Care Clinician
April 16, 2019, 1:00 pm EST ~ American Academy of Pediatrics Webinar
- Application of quality indicators to data from the National Network of Congenital Anomalies of Argentina.
Groisman Boris et al. Birth defects research 2019 Feb
- Nutri-epigenomic Studies Related to Neural Tube Defects: Does Folate Affect Neural Tube Closure Via Changes in DNA Methylation?
Rochtus Anne et al. Mini reviews in medicinal chemistry 2015 (13) 1095-102
- Paternal transmission of MTHFD1 G1958A variant predisposes to neural tube defects in the offspring.
Prasoona Kattekola R et al. Developmental medicine and child neurology 2015 Sep
- Polymorphisms in maternal folate pathway genes interact with arsenic in drinking water to influence risk of myelomeningocele.
Mazumdar Maitreyi et al. Birth defects research. Part A, Clinical and molecular teratology 2015 Sep (9) 754-62
- DNA methylation aberrations rather than polymorphisms of FZD3 gene increase the risk of spina bifida in a high-risk region for neural tube defects.
Shangguan Shaofang et al. Birth Defects Res. Part A Clin. Mol. Teratol. 2015 Jan (1) 37-44
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (6)
- NIH Information (4)
- CDC Publications (3)
- Hot Topics (17)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (91)
- GWAS Studies (0)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (2)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (0)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (1)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (0)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (1)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (0)
- Reviews/Commentaries (2)
- Tools/Methods (0)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (0)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.