Last Posted: Feb 13, 2020
- Smoking Cessation: A Report of the Surgeon General
CDC, February 2020
- Machine Learning for Predicting Complications in Head and Neck Microvascular Free Tissue Transfer.
Formeister Eric J et al. The Laryngoscope 2020 Jan
- Smoke signals in the DNA of normal lung cells
Nature News, January 30, 2020
- Tobacco smoking and somatic mutations in human bronchial epithelium.
Yoshida Kenichi et al. Nature 2020 Jan
- Quit Smoking for Better Health
CDC, January 2020
- Promoter Hypermethylation of Tumor-Suppressor Genes p16 INK4a , RASSF1A , TIMP3 , and PCQAP/MED15 in Salivary DNA as a Quadruple Biomarker Panel for Early Detection of Oral and Oropharyngeal Cancers.
Liyanage Chamikara et al. Biomolecules 2019 9(4)
- Reducing cardiovascular risk in patients with familial hypercholesterolemia: Risk prediction and lipid management.
Miname Marcio H et al. Progress in cardiovascular diseases 62(5) 414-422
- An exploration of smokeless tobacco product nucleic acids: a combined metagenome and metatranscriptome analysis.
Tyx R E et al. Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2020 Jan 104(2) 751-763
- Molecular diagnostic characteristics based on the next generation sequencing in lung cancer and its relationship with the expression of PD-L1.
Liu Junying et al. Pathology, research and practice 2019 Dec 152797
- Genetic factors, adherence to healthy lifestyle behavior, and risk of invasive breast cancer among women in the UK Biobank.
Arthur Rhonda S et al. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2020 Jan
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (26)
- NIH Information (21)
- CDC Publications (11)
- Hot Topics (188)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (8932)
- GWAS Studies (152)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (212)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (44)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (10)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (2)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (37)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (4)
- Reviews/Commentaries (157)
- Tools/Methods (3)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (0)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.