Last Posted: Jan 25, 2022
- Preimplantation Genetic Testing: A Perceptual Study From the Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia.
Tehsin Fehmida et al. Cureus 2022 13(12) e20421
- Newborn Screening and Clinical Profile of Children with Sickle Cell Disease in a Tribal Area of Gujarat.
Dave Kapil Kumar et al. Indian pediatrics 2022
- Clonal hematopoiesis in sickle cell disease.
Liggett L Alexander et al. The Journal of clinical investigation 2022
- First sickle cell patient treated with CRISPR gene-editing still thriving
R Stein, NPR, December 31, 2021
- Sickle Cell Math Is Brutally Simple, but Not Widely Taught
G Kolata, NY Times, December 28, 2021
- Biologic and Clinical Efficacy of LentiGlobin for Sickle Cell Disease.
Kanter Julie et al. The New England journal of medicine 2021
- Using DNA testing for the precise, definite, and low-cost diagnosis of sickle cell disease and other Haemoglobinopathies: findings from Tanzania.
Christopher Heavenlight et al. BMC genomics 2021 22(1) 902
- Clinical Utility of the Addition of Molecular Genetic Testing to Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Anemia.
Shook Lisa M et al. Frontiers in medicine 2021 8734305
- Non-Invasive Prenatal Test for β-Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Disease Using Probe Capture Enrichment and Next-Generation Sequencing of DNA in Maternal Plasma.
Erlich Henry A et al. The journal of applied laboratory medicine 2021
- The Alberta Newborn Screening Approach for Sickle Cell Disease: The Advantages of Molecular Testing.
Zhou Janet R et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2021 7(4)
- Acceptable, hopeful, and useful: development and mixed-method evaluation of an educational tool about reproductive options for people with sickle cell disease or trait.
Early Macy L et al. Journal of assisted reproduction and genetics 2021
- Sickle Cell Disease: Thoughts for India From the Jamaican Cohort Study.
Serjeant Graham R et al. Frontiers in medicine 2021 8745189
- Real Stories from People Living with Sickle Cell Disease: Rae Blaylark
CDC, November 2021
- Treatment decision-making in sickle cell disease patients.
Booth A et al. Journal of community genetics 2021
- Genetic modifiers of fetal hemoglobin affect the course of sickle cell disease in patients treated with hydroxyurea.
Allard Pierre et al. Haematologica 2021
- Profile of Medicaid enrollees with sickle cell disease: A high need, high cost population.
Grady April et al. PloS one 2021 16(10) e0257796
- Toward a Conversational Agent to Support the Self-Management of Adults and Young Adults With Sickle Cell Disease: Usability and Usefulness Study.
Issom David-Zacharie et al. Frontiers in digital health 2021 3600333
- Improving Outcomes for Patients With Sickle Cell Disease in the United States
Making the Case for More Resources, Surveillance, and Longitudinal Data
J Kanter et al, JAMA Health Forum, October 29,2021
- [Hereditary anaemias].
Glenthøj Andreas et al. Ugeskrift for laeger 2021 183(42)
- Digital Endpoints: Definition, Benefits, and Current Barriers in Accelerating Development and Adoption.
Landers Matthew et al. Digital biomarkers 2021 5(3) 216-223
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (38)
- NIH Information (16)
- CDC Publications (13)
- COVID-19 (36)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (466)
- GWAS Studies (22)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (299)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (26)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (12)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (3)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (7)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (3)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (29)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (16)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.