Last Posted: Jul 30, 2021
- Prevalence of Sickle Cell Disease Among Anaemic Children Attending Mbeya Referral Hospital in Southern Tanzania.
Musyoka Augustine M et al. The East African health research journal 2018 2(2) 142-146
- A polygenic score for acute vaso-occlusive pain in pediatric sickle cell disease.
Rampersaud Evadnie et al. Blood advances 2021 5(14) 2839-2851
- Premarital genetic screening and care of Tanzanian children with sickle cell disease: a qualitative study on parents' views and experiences.
Kisanga Esther et al. Journal of community genetics 2021
- Screening for autosomal recessive and X-linked conditions during pregnancy and preconception: a practice resource of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG).
Gregg Anthony R et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2021 7
- Screening of Dry Blood Spots from Newborns by Two High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) Systems: A Comparison of Their Ability to Diagnose Both Sickle and Non-sickle Hemoglobinopathies.
Ramani Daruwalla Manisha et al. Indian journal of hematology & blood transfusion : an official journal of Indian Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion 2021 37(3) 430-435
- Innovating Sickle Cell Disease education models
NHLBI, July 2021
- Community based screening for sickle haemoglobin among pregnant women in Benue State, Nigeria: I-Care-to-Know, a Healthy Beginning Initiative.
Ezenwosu Osita U et al. BMC pregnancy and childbirth 2021 21(1) 498
- Epidemiology and disease burden of sickle cell disease in France: A descriptive study based on a French nationwide claim database.
Leleu Henri et al. PloS one 2021 16(7) e0253986
- Health services use by children identified as heterozygous hemoglobinopathy mutation carriers via newborn screening.
Khangura Sara D et al. BMC pediatrics 2021 21(1) 296
- For people in sickle cell crisis, specialized infusion centers offer far better care than the ER, study finds
A Joseph, StatNews, July 5, 2021
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (30)
- NIH Information (10)
- CDC Publications (8)
- COVID-19 (25)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (265)
- GWAS Studies (11)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (230)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (21)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (8)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (3)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (6)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (2)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (17)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (10)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.