Please Wait . .
Posted: Dec 10, 2018
- Precision Medicine and Advancing Clinical Care
Insights From Iceland
DO Arnar et al, JAMA INternal Medicine, December 10, 2018
- Many Americans Unaware of Promise of Targeted, 'Personalized' Medicine: Poll
D Thompson, US News, December 6, 2018
- FDA takes new action to advance the development of reliable and beneficial genetic tests that can improve patient care
FDA Press Release, December 4, 2018
- PreMedKB: an integrated precision medicine knowledgebase for interpreting relationships between diseases, genes, variants and drugs.
Yu Ying et al. Nucleic acids research 2018 Nov
- The current state of sickle-cell trait: implications for reproductive and genetic counseling.
Pecker Lydia H et al. Blood 2018 Nov
- Analytical validity of a genotyping assay for use with personalized antihypertensive and chronic kidney disease therapy.
Collins Kimberly S et al. Pharmacogenetics and genomics 2018 Nov
- Biomarkers in sepsis: towards precision medicine for the prevention of adverse outcomes.
Montini Luca et al. Minerva anestesiologica 2018
- Empirical therapy or precision medicine for kidney stone formers in the '-omics' era?
Gambaro Giovanni et al. Urolithiasis 2018 Nov
- Genomics of response to immune checkpoint therapies for cancer: implications for precision medicine.
Conway Jake R et al. Genome medicine 2018 Nov 10(1) 93
- Role of Academic Biobanks in Public-Private Partnerships in the European Biobanking and BioMolecular Resources Research Infrastructure Community.
Hämäläinen Iiro et al. Biopreservation and biobanking 2018 Nov
Information in Various Databases
From CDC Information
This database includes general CDC
public health information on specific diseases and health
related topics. When available, the database displays genomic
information from various CDC web pages. Users are also
encouraged to conduct searches of CDC website for additional
- Stimulating Implementation Science in Genomics and Precision Medicine for Heart, Lung, Blood and Sleep Diseases: The Case of Familial Hypercholesterolemia
MJ Khoury et al, Blog Post, June 5, 2018
- Evaluating the Impact of Precision Medicine: How Ivacaftor Reduces Hospitalizations of Patients with Cystic Fibrosis
RF Green al, CDC Blog Post, May 8, 2018
- Leap of Faith or Smart Investment? Early Integration of Whole Genome Sequencing in Healthcare Systems
WG Feero et al, CDC Blog Post, Mar 16, 2018
- The Role of Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Precision Medicine and Public Health Genomics
CDC Public Health Genomics Webinar, March 27, 2018
- Genomics and Precision Medicine: How Can Emerging Technologies Address Population Health Disparities? Join the Conversation.
W Burke et al, CDC Blog Post, Nov 13, 2017
- Precision Public Health and Precision Medicine: Two Peas in a Pod
MJ Khoury, CDC Blog Post 2015
- NIH-CDC Webinar: Precision Medicine and Health Disparities: The Promise and Perils of Emerging Technologies
October 11, 2017: 3:00-4:00 pm EDT, free registration required
- Cancer Precision Medicine: More Population Sciences Ahead!
MJ Khoury et al, CDC blog post 2016
- Precision Medicine: What Does it Mean for Your Health?
- Precision Medicine and Population Health: Dealing with the Elephant in the Room
Khoury MJ and Galea S, CDC Blog Post, August 18, 2016
- The Shift From Personalized Medicine to Precision Medicine and Precision Public Health: Words Matter!
MJ Khoury, CDC Blog Post, April 21, 2016
- Will precision medicine improve public health?
Drs Muin Khoury and Sandro Galea alternative views, NCI seminar, Tuesday, May 3, 2:00pm ? 3:00pm EDT
- Precision Medicine: the Arrival of Genomics to the Clinic is the Beginning of a Longer Journey
Blog Post, Muin J. Khoury and Greg Feero, January 19, 2016
- Engaging Implementation Scientists in Precision Medicine
- Genomic discoveries to clinical applications: Are we reaching an inflection point toward precision medicine?
By W. Gregory Feero, Genomics and Health Impact Blog
- Precision Medicine vs. Public Health: a False Dichotomy?
Ron Zimmern and Muin Khoury, CDC Blog Post, September 28, 2015
- Infectious Diseases: Precision Medicine for Public Health
Marta Gwinn and Duncan MacCannell, Genomics and Health Impact Blog
- When a country cannot be a cohort: Challenges of implementing a large precision medicine cohort study in the United States
- Precision Medicine and Public Health: Improving Health Now While Generating New Knowledge for the Future
- The future of epidemiology in the age of precision medicine: Cancer, cardiovascular disease, and beyond
- Precision Medicine, Implementation Science and Public Health: How Do We Scale Up From 1 Million to 300 Million?
Muin J. Khoury, Blog Post, August 2015
- The Success of Precision Medicine Requires a Public Health Perspective,
by Muin J Khoury, Genomics and Health Impact Blog, January 29, 2015
- CDC Blog Post- Precision Public Health and Precision Medicine: Two Peas in a Pod
Muin Khoury, Office of Public Health Genomics
- CDC National Biomonitoring Program
Assesses nutritional status and the exposure of the U.S. population to environmental chemicals and toxic substances
- CDC National Diabetes Prevention Program
- CDC's Vision for Public Health Surveillance in the 21st Century [PDF 872.86 KB]
MMWR 2012; suppl 61
- CDC Advanced Molecular Detection infectious disease initiative
Will improve the ability of public health to detect outbreaks sooner and respond more effectively, saving lives and reducing cost
Go to CDC Information Database
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public
Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health
Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news.
Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of
the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply
endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume
no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented.
The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any
endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings
and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included
in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and
are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS.
References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are
provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply
endorsement by CDC or DHHS.