Last Posted: May 10, 2021
- The myriad ways sewage surveillance is helping fight COVID around the world
F Kreier et al, Nature News, May 10, 2021
- From the Wastewater Drain, Solid Pandemic Data- The coronavirus could turn sewage surveillance into a mainstream public health practice.
A Anthes, NY Times, May 7, 2021
- Non-Polio Enteroviruses from Acute Flaccid Paralysis Surveillance in Korea, 2012-2019.
Yoon Youngsil et al. Viruses 2021 4 (3)
- Emerging Non-Polio Enteroviruses recognized in the framework of the Acute Flaccid Paralyses (AFP) surveillance system in Northern Italy, 2016-2018.
Pellegrinelli Laura et al. International journal of infectious diseases : IJID : official publication of the International Society for Infectious Diseases 2021 3
- High Diversity of Human Non-Polio Enterovirus Serotypes Identified in Contaminated Water in Nigeria.
Majumdar Manasi et al. Viruses 2021 Feb (2)
- Epidemiology and Sequence-Based Evolutionary Analysis of Circulating Non-Polio Enteroviruses.
Brown David M et al. Microorganisms 2020 Nov (12)
- New polio vaccine could boost faltering eradication drive
Roberts L. Science, Nov 13, 2020.
- New polio vaccine poised to get emergency WHO approval
Irwin A. Nature, Oct 29, 2020.
- Prevalence and Bayesian Phylogenetics of Enteroviruses Derived From Environmental Surveillance Around Polio Vaccine Switch Period in Shandong Province, China.
Zhao Chenxu et al. Food and environmental virology 2020 Oct
- The challenges of informative wastewater sampling for SARS-CoV-2 must be met: lessons from polio eradication
O'Reilly KM, et al. Lancet Microbe, Jul 28, 2020.
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (3)
- NIH Information (1)
- CDC Publications (9)
- COVID-19 (9)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (4)
- GWAS Studies (1)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (3)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (0)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (0)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (0)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (4)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (46)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (0)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (0)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.