Last Posted: Nov 09, 2018
- Reconciling a Hereditary Cancer Diagnosis
G Hurst, Cure Magazine, November 5, 2018
- Let's Talk Lynch: Rachel's story
YouTube video, September 2018
- Personal Stories from the New Era of Patient Focused Advocacy
NORD, October 2018
- Breast cancer survivor talks about BRCA
A Salinas, Fox 7, October 15, 2018
- The Doctor And The Boy In The Bubble
S Simon, NPR, October 13, 2018
- Clinical DNA Analysis Using Next-Generation Sequencing: Past, Present, and Future-
NGS is Attending to Technological, Regulatory, and Educational Issues
A Scherer, GEN News, October 15, 2018
- Hereditary angioedema: a mother diagnosing her child using Google as a diagnostic aid.
Srikantharajah Thanusha et al. BMJ case reports 2018 Oct 2018
- My Fathers Fight Against the Breast-Cancer Gene- My grandmother and I both survived the disease, and knowing our genetic legacy turned out to be crucial in saving him
P Munster, WSJ, September 28, 2018
- The Cost of Ovarian Cancer Prevention- Seven years ago, I was diagnosed with Lynch syndrome, a hereditary cancer condition which significantly increases my chances of developing early-onset cancer.
G Hurst, Cure Magazine, September 24, 2018
- Raising Awareness of BRCA Mutations
Genetic testing may help those at high risk take steps to prevent deadly cancers.
S Gubar, New York Times, September 20, 2018
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Mar 1, 2018
- Page last updated:Dec 10, 2018
- Content source: