Last Posted: Jan 13, 2022
- Characterization of a 2016-2017 Human Seasonal H3 Influenza A Virus Spillover Now Endemic to U.S. Swine.
Sharma Aditi et al. mSphere 2022 1 e0080921
- Construction of Influenza Early Warning Model Based on Combinatorial Judgment Classifier: A Case Study of Seasonal Influenza in Hong Kong.
Wang Zi-Xiao et al. Current medical science 2022
- Emergence, prevalence, and evolution of H5N8 avian influenza viruses in central China, 2020.
Li Xiang et al. Emerging microbes & infections 2021 11 (1) 73-82
- Influenza viruses and coronaviruses: Knowns, unknowns, and common research challenges.
Terrier Olivier et al. PLoS pathogens 2021 12 (12) e1010106
- Influenza A H1N1 mediated pre-existing immunity to SARS-CoV-2 predicts COVID-19 outbreak dynamics
Almazan NM, et al. medRxiv, Dec 25, 2021.
- Spatiotemporal Associations and Molecular Evolution of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A H7N9 Virus in China from 2017 to 2021.
He Dongchang et al. Viruses 2021 12 (12)
- Library-based analysis reveals segment and length dependent characteristics of defective influenza genomes.
Mendes Marisa et al. PLoS pathogens 2021 12 (12) e1010125
- Long-term adaptation following influenza A virus host shifts results in increased within-host viral fitness due to higher replication rates, broader dissemination within the respiratory epithelium and reduced tissue damage.
Amat Julien A R et al. PLoS pathogens 2021 12 (12) e1010174
- Delayed respiratory syncytial virus outbreak in 2020 in Taiwan was correlated with two novel RSV-A genotype ON1 variants.
Lee Chun Yi et al. Influenza and other respiratory viruses 2021 12
- Novel and extendable genotyping system for human respiratory syncytial virus based on whole-genome sequence analysis.
Chen Jiani et al. Influenza and other respiratory viruses 2021 12
- Influenza A(H3N2) Outbreak on a University Campus--Michigan, October-November 2021
Delahoy MJ, et al. MMWR, Dec 10, 2021.
- Beyond Omicron: what’s next for COVID’s viral evolution
E Callaway, Nature, December 7, 2021
- How SARS-CoV-2 evolves over the next several months and years will determine what the end of this global crisis looks like — whether the virus morphs into another common cold or into something more threatening such as influenza or worse. A global vaccination push that has delivered nearly 8 billion doses is shifting the evolutionary landscape, and it’s not clear how the virus will meet this challenge
SJ Sammut et al, Nature, December 7, 2021
- Point-of-Care Toolkit for Multiplex Molecular Diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 and Influenza A and B Viruses
Lee D, et al. ACS Sensors. 2021;6:3204?3213.
- Genetic Characterization of Novel H7Nx Low Pathogenic Avian Influenza Viruses from Wild Birds in South Korea during the Winter of 2020-2021.
Lee Yu-Na et al. Viruses 2021 11 (11)
- Peering into Avian Influenza A(H5N8) for a Framework towards Pandemic Preparedness.
Yeo Joshua Yi et al. Viruses 2021 11 (11)
- Genetic ancestry effects on the response to viral infection are pervasive but cell type specific
HE Randolph et al, Science, November 25, 2021
- Characterization of Swine Influenza A(H1N2) Variant, Alberta, Canada, 2020.
Kanji Jamil N et al. Emerging infectious diseases 2021 11 (12) 3045-3051
- COVID-19 first and delta waves in relation to ACEI, ARB, Influenza vaccination, and comorbidity in a North Metropolitan Barcelona Health Consortium
MJ Gonzales et al, MEDRXIV, November 19, 2021
- COVID-19 vaccines for children
JS Gerber et al, Science, November 19, 2021
- Ancestral sequence reconstruction pinpoints adaptations that enable avian influenza virus transmission in pigs
Su W, et al. Nat Microbiol. 2021 Nov;6(11):1455-1465.
- Temporal and gene reassortment analysis of influenza C outbreaks in Hong Kong SAR, China.
Daniels Rodney S et al. Journal of virology 2021 11 JVI0192821
- The Future of SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination - Lessons from Influenza
Monto AS, et al. New Engl J Med, Nov 11, 2021.
- A Systematic Review of Clinical Prediction Rules for the Diagnosis of Influenza.
Ebell Mark H et al. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine : JABFM 2021 34(6) 1123-1140
- Safety and immunogenicity of concomitant administration of COVID-19 vaccines (ChAdOx1 or BNT162b2) with seasonal influenza vaccines in adults in the UK (ComFluCOV): a multicentre, randomised, controlled, phase 4 trial
R Lazarus et al, The Lancet, November 11, 2021
- First human infection of avian influenza A(H5N6) virus reported in Lao People's Democratic Republic, February-March 2021.
Sengkeopraseuth Bounthanom et al. Influenza and other respiratory viruses 2021 11
- Characterizing the Countrywide Epidemic Spread of Influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 Virus in Kenya between 2009 and 2018.
Owuor D Collins et al. Viruses 2021 10 (10)
- Optical Biosensor Platforms Display Varying Sensitivity for the Direct Detection of Influenza RNA.
Courtney Samantha J et al. Biosensors 2021 10 (10)
- Encephalitis and Death in Wild Mammals at a Rehabilitation Center after Infection with Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A(H5N8) Virus, United Kingdom
Floyd T, et al. Emerg Infect Dis, Oct 13, 2021.
- Genetically Divergent Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A(H5N8) Viruses in Wild Birds, Eastern China
He G, et al. Emerg Infect Dis, Oct 8, 2021.
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (30)
- NIH Information (2)
- CDC Publications (196)
- COVID-19 (797)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (106)
- GWAS Studies (6)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (43)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (4)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (0)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (0)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (42)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (654)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (3)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (2)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.