Last Posted: Nov 26, 2021
- Genetic ancestry effects on the response to viral infection are pervasive but cell type specific
HE Randolph et al, Science, November 25, 2021
- COVID-19 first and delta waves in relation to ACEI, ARB, Influenza vaccination, and comorbidity in a North Metropolitan Barcelona Health Consortium
MJ Gonzales et al, MEDRXIV, November 19, 2021
- COVID-19 vaccines for children
JS Gerber et al, Science, November 19, 2021
- Ancestral sequence reconstruction pinpoints adaptations that enable avian influenza virus transmission in pigs
Su W, et al. Nat Microbiol. 2021 Nov;6(11):1455-1465.
- Temporal and gene reassortment analysis of influenza C outbreaks in Hong Kong SAR, China.
Daniels Rodney S et al. Journal of virology 2021 11 JVI0192821
- The Future of SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination - Lessons from Influenza
Monto AS, et al. New Engl J Med, Nov 11, 2021.
- A Systematic Review of Clinical Prediction Rules for the Diagnosis of Influenza.
Ebell Mark H et al. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine : JABFM 2021 34(6) 1123-1140
- Safety and immunogenicity of concomitant administration of COVID-19 vaccines (ChAdOx1 or BNT162b2) with seasonal influenza vaccines in adults in the UK (ComFluCOV): a multicentre, randomised, controlled, phase 4 trial
R Lazarus et al, The Lancet, November 11, 2021
- First human infection of avian influenza A(H5N6) virus reported in Lao People's Democratic Republic, February-March 2021.
Sengkeopraseuth Bounthanom et al. Influenza and other respiratory viruses 2021 11
- Characterizing the Countrywide Epidemic Spread of Influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 Virus in Kenya between 2009 and 2018.
Owuor D Collins et al. Viruses 2021 10 (10)
- Optical Biosensor Platforms Display Varying Sensitivity for the Direct Detection of Influenza RNA.
Courtney Samantha J et al. Biosensors 2021 10 (10)
- Encephalitis and Death in Wild Mammals at a Rehabilitation Center after Infection with Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A(H5N8) Virus, United Kingdom
Floyd T, et al. Emerg Infect Dis, Oct 13, 2021.
- Genetically Divergent Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A(H5N8) Viruses in Wild Birds, Eastern China
He G, et al. Emerg Infect Dis, Oct 8, 2021.
- COVID super-immunity: one of the pandemic’s great puzzles
E Callaway, Nature, October 14, 2021
- Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 during a 2-h domestic flight to Okinawa, Japan, March 2020.
Toyokawa Takao et al. Influenza and other respiratory viruses 2021 10
- Molecular epidemiologic characteristics of hemagglutinin from five waves of avian influenza A (H7N9) virus infection, from 2013 to 2017, in Zhejiang Province, China.
Sun Yi et al. Archives of virology 2021 10
- Assessment of the Feasibility of Using Noninvasive Wearable Biometric Monitoring Sensors to Detect Influenza and the Common Cold Before Symptom Onset
E Grzesiak et al, JAMA Network Open, September 29, 2021
- Genetic and Antigenic Characterization of an Influenza A(H3N2) Outbreak in Cambodia and the Greater Mekong Subregion during the COVID-19 Pandemic, 2020.
Siegers Jurre Y et al. Journal of virology 2021 9 JVI0126721
- Incidence, co-occurrence, and evolution of long-COVID features: A 6-month retrospective cohort study of 273,618 survivors of COVID-19
M Taquet et al, PLOS Medicine, September 28, 2021
- Within-host evolutionary dynamics of seasonal and pandemic human influenza A viruses in young children.
Han Alvin X et al. eLife 2021 8
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (30)
- NIH Information (2)
- CDC Publications (191)
- COVID-19 (757)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (106)
- GWAS Studies (6)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (41)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (4)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (0)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (0)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (41)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (641)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (3)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (2)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.