Last Posted: Sep 10, 2020
- Heritable Genome Editing Not Yet Ready to Be Tried Safely and Effectively in Humans; Initial Clinical Uses, If Permitted, Should Be Limited to Serious Single-Gene Diseases
- ‘CRISPR babies’ are still too risky, says influential panel - The safety and efficacy of gene editing human embryos hasn’t been proven, researchers warn.
H Ledford Nature News, September 4, 2020
- International Commission on the Clinical Use of Human Germline Genome Editing - Report Release Webinar
Sep 3, 2020 - 10:15AM - 11:15AM ET
- CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene correction in hemophilia B patient-derived iPSCs.
Morishige Satoshi et al. International journal of hematology 2020 Feb 111(2) 225-233
- The Evolution of Gene Therapy in the Treatment of Metabolic Liver Diseases.
Moscoso Carlos G et al. Genes 2020 Aug 11(8)
- Does human genome editing reinforce or violate human dignity?
Segers Seppe et al. Bioethics 2020 34(1) 33-40
- Germline genome editing versus preimplantation genetic diagnosis: Is there a case in favour of germline interventions?
Ranisch Robert et al. Bioethics 2020 34(1) 60-69
- Comments on the CRISPR Gene-edited babies' case.
Cong Yali et al. Indian journal of medical ethics 4 (NS)(4) 297-300
- Estimating Demand for Germline Genome Editing: An In Vitro Fertilization Clinic Perspective.
Viotti Manuel et al. The CRISPR journal 2019 2(5) 304-315
- The Use and Misuse of Brave New World in the CRISPR Debate.
So Derek et al. The CRISPR journal 2019 2(5) 316-323
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (0)
- NIH Information (9)
- CDC Publications (0)
- Hot Topics (353)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (12)
- GWAS Studies (0)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (11)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (1)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (5)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (0)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (1)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (10)
- Reviews/Commentaries (338)
- Tools/Methods (1)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (114)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.