Last Posted: Jul 19, 2021
- How Designer DNA Is Changing Medicine - A genomic revolution is poised to cure sickle cell and other genetic diseases
C Barber, Scientific American, July 17, 2021
- WHO should lead on genome-editing policy, advisers say.
Ledford Heidi et al. Nature 2021
- He Inherited A Devastating Disease. A CRISPR Gene-Editing Breakthrough Stopped It
R Stein, NPR, June 26, 2021
- CRISPR injected into the blood treats a genetic disease for first time
J Kaiser, Science, June 26, 2021
- CRISPR-Cas9 In Vivo Gene Editing for Transthyretin Amyloidosis
JD Gillmore et al, NEJM, June 26, 2021
- Engagement and social acceptance in genome editing for human benefit: Reflections on research and practice in a global context.
Barbosa Sebastián et al. Wellcome open research 2021 5244
- Precision Medicine in Cardiovascular Disease: Genetics and Impact on Phenotypes: JACC Focus Seminar 1/5.
Semsarian Christopher et al. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2021 77(20) 2517-2530
- Attitudes of Indonesian Medical Doctors and Medical Students Toward Genome Editing.
Izzah Safira Nur et al. Journal of multidisciplinary healthcare 2021 141017-1027
- Students' attitudes towards somatic genome editing versus genome editing of the germline using an example of familial leukemia.
Vajen Beate et al. Journal of community genetics 2021
- Legal and Ethical Issues in the Report Heritable Human Genome Editing.
Cohen Glenn et al. The Hastings Center report 2021
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (0)
- NIH Information (9)
- CDC Publications (0)
- COVID-19 (15)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (18)
- GWAS Studies (1)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (17)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (1)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (5)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (0)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (1)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (12)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (0)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (135)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.