Last Posted: Oct 18, 2018
- Direct-to-Consumer Genomics: Harmful or Empowering?: It is important to stress that genetic risk is not the same as genetic destiny.
Eissenberg Joel C et al. Missouri medicine 114(1) 26-32
- Merging personalized and participatory medicine: interpretation of individual genomes.
Koutsoukis Alexander J et al. Studies in health technology and informatics 2014 20224-7
- Direct-to-consumer genomics on the scales of autonomy.
Vayena Effy et al. Journal of medical ethics 2015 Apr 41(4) 310-4
- Experiences of early users of direct-to-consumer genomics in Switzerland: an exploratory study.
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (0)
- NIH Information (0)
- CDC Publications (0)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (0)
- GWAS Studies (0)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (1)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (0)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (0)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (0)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (0)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (0)
- Reviews/Commentaries (3)
- Tools/Methods (0)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (1)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
- Page last reviewed:Jul 30, 2019
- Page last updated:Aug 19, 2019
- Content source: