Last Posted: Oct 30, 2023
- Moving cholera vaccines ahead of the epidemic curve.
Ziad A Memish et al. Lancet 2023 10
- Understanding antimicrobial resistance to manage cholera.
Agila Kumari Pragasam et al. Nat Microbiol 2023 9 (10) 1754-1755
- Phage predation and antibiotic exposure are inversely associated with disease severity and shape pathogen genetic diversity in cholera patients.
N Madi et al. bioRxiv 2023 7
- Imported Cholera Cases, South Africa, 2023.
Anthony M Smith et al. Emerg Infect Dis 2023 6 (8)
- Development of a simple, rapid, and sensitive molecular diagnostic assay for cholera.
Subhra Chakraborty et al. PLoS neglected tropical diseases 2023 2 (2) e0011113
- Reemergence of Cholera in Haiti.
Rubin Daniel H F et al. The New England journal of medicine 2022 11
- Phylogenetic Analysis of Serogroup O5 Vibrio cholerae that Caused Successive Cholera Outbreaks - Guangdong Province, China, 2020-2021.
Ke Bixia et al. China CDC weekly 2022 4 (12) 238-241
- Genomic Characteristics of Recently Recognized Vibrio cholerae El Tor Lineages Associated with Cholera in Bangladesh, 1991 to 2017.
Monir Md Mamun et al. Microbiology spectrum 2022 3 e0039122
- Successive epidemic waves of cholera in South Sudan between 2014 and 2017: a descriptive epidemiological study.
Jones Forrest K et al. The Lancet. Planetary health 2020 Dec (12) e577-e587
- The seventh pandemic of cholera in Europe revisited by microbial genomics.
Oprea Mihaela et al. Nature communications 2020 10 (1) 5347
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.