Last Posted: Nov 01, 2019
- Physical activity and risk of Alzheimer's disease: a two-sample Mendelian randomization study
BIORXIv preprint, October 29, 2019
- Vision of the Future of Medical Science
Francis Collins, Time, October 25, 2019
- Are Personalized Diets Ready for Prime Time?
D Koenig, WebMD, September 19, 2019
- Tech companies' dangerous practice: using artificial intelligence to mine hidden health data
M Marks, StatNews, September 17, 2019
- One Scientist's Quest to Bring DNA Sequencing to Every Sick Kid
SE Richards, WIRED, August 2019
- Men and Stroke
- Is Genetic Medicine Making the World Less Fair?
L Hercher, the Nation, August 23, 2019
- Can a Healthy Lifestyle Reduce Your Risk of Dementia Regardless of Your Genes?
S Bowen et al, CDC Blog, August 14, 2019
- Genetic Testing: Who Owns Your Data?
Being Patient, August 2, 2019
- From ancestry to health traits ? how do I know if genetic testing may be right for me?
S Rosen, Mayo clinic Individualized Health Blog, July 2019
- Bioethicists worried patients couldn?t handle their own genetic testing results. They were (mostly) wrong
E Parens et al, Stat News, July 30, 2019
- A healthy lifestyle may offset genetic risk for Alzheimer's
Associated Press, July 14, 2019 (via StatNews)
- Why You Shouldn't Rely on Home DNA Tests for Health Information-For crucial information, it's best to work with a physician or genetic counselor
L Seegert, Next Ave, July 8, 2019
- Causal associations between potentially modifiable risk factors and the Alzheimer's phenome: A Mendelian randomization study
SJ Andrews et al, BioRXIV preprints, July 2 , 2019
- Minorities and Women Are at Greater Risk for Alzheimer's Disease
CDC, June 2019
- Disease of the Week: Alzheimer's Disease
CDC, June 2019
- Another major drug candidate targeting the brain plaques of Alzheimers disease has failed. Whats left?
K Servick, Science, March 21, 2019
- Doctors plan to test a gene therapy that could prevent Alzheimers disease
A Regalado, MIT Tech Review, February 25, 2019
- Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies new loci and functional pathways influencing Alzheimers disease risk
IE Jansen et al, Nature Genetics, January 7, 2019
- A Proposed Approach for Implementing Genomics-Based Screening Programs for Healthy Adults
M. Murray and the Genomics and Population Health Action Collaborative, National Academies of Medicine, December 3, 2018
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (3)
- NIH Information (2)
- CDC Publications (0)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (16)
- GWAS Studies (0)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (2)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (0)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (2)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (0)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (1)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (2)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (0)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (4)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.